Now or Never

Wombattle

I've been building my ride fitness lately and thanks to training for the London Marathon I've shed 10kgs I apparently didn't need. It's time to do a ride that's been on my mind for quite a while. The numbers still don't really stack up but it's now or never. Or in fruit talk, "Not sure about a little mango? Suck it and see."

The start 2.30amish tomorrow morning (Thurs 22 Feb). Spot Link Here

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Wombattle looking fit and ready for the challenge ahead, filling up Little Mango in Newcastle at 02:30 AEDT:

That's Rob in the background preparing to ride the first 500km or so with Wom out to Nyngan.

Rob's fully farkled GSA, my stock TMax scoot and TigerBill's well prepared Versys standing by for the start:

When he's on the clock Wombattle doesn't muck around. That little CBR125R was just a blur as he left the servo

Fatman

Already out through Gilgandra, 1st blip shows a start time of 2.41am, I suspect he may have started a touch earlier, Ox may know the exact time?

Edited ... I just saw Ox's post above.. Well done guys for sending him off....

Last edited:

IBA-Tiger

Just heard, Ride's finished. No specific incident as such.
Bike had a sudden loss of power, no funny noises, no compression.
Piston, ring? GOK at this stage.
Waiting on retrieval options - bike & Wom - at this stage.
Will post details as they become known.

Fatman

Poor little Mango, what a shame after all the planning.. Bad luck Wom..

I do like Wombattle's roadside recovery bike though, I assume Rob is at the helm?

Wombattle

Rob delivered me home this afternoon. Pillioning isn't too bad at all, you can look at whatever you want. Little Mango just arrived home on the truck and has been put to bed. All we know is I lost power, a big puff of smoke came out of the exhaust and the mango is kaput for the third time. However this is the first time the conrod didn't come through the front of the engine so I must be getting better at it. Up to the point of failure the little machine was running like a dream. It's clearly not now so it might just be never.

Thanks to Bill, Ox and Mrs Wom for supporting me at the start.
A huge thanks to Rob for riding with me and helping me get home.
A special thanks to Gus for stepping up to help me at the other end.
And thanks to the NRMA for bringing Little Mango home.

Last edited: