Now you can actually tell which is the best weather service!

DrNeo

Premier Member
I ran across this website the other day "ForecastAdvisor" which actually takes a look at how well your favorite weather service does at accurately forecasting the weather. Finally you'll be able to put to rest the argument with your riding buddies of: "who provides the most accurate weather forecast for my location."

The other neat feature is it takes a look at the variability of the change in the future forecast, giving you an indication of how accurate the future forecast will actually be.

https://www.forecastadvisor.com/

The Weather Channel gives my area (Rochester, MN) gives the best forecast, at 80% success rate... and the website says that anything above 70% is pretty good. Now, they still aren't my favorite weather site, but the data doesn't lie :p

SteveAikens

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Found out real fast it's useless for anything but major routes. Tried a few and got the same result. The one I'd most be interested in is weather information for Clovis, NM 88101. Not a lot of interest in weather 85 miles north of me.

Closest information it has in that case is Tucumcari, NM.

Checking a couple others, it appears to resolves only nearest major route like Interstates

DrNeo

Premier Member
Found out real fast it's useless for anything but major routes. Tried a few and got the same result. The one I'd most be interested in is weather information for Clovis, NM 88101. Not a lot of interest in weather 85 miles north of me.

Closest information it has in that case is Tucumcari, NM.

Checking a couple others, it appears to resolves only nearest major route like Interstates
Oh weird, I tried a small town near my hometown, and it pulls weather from ~45 miles away... I had no idea!