online certification?

I must be doing things entirely wrong.I completed and submitted documentation for NPT silver in Oct. online ([email protected])
and sent a check. The check has not been cashed, the bank just canceled it and after numerous emails to kneebone I have not heard anything.
Do I have to be a premier member to get certified?

Scott Parish

Premier Member
I must be doing things entirely wrong.I completed and submitted documentation for NPT silver in Oct. online ([email protected])
and sent a check. The check has not been cashed, the bank just canceled it and after numerous emails to kneebone I have not heard anything.
Do I have to be a premier member to get certified?
When you submitted online (i.e. via email) you should have received a confirmation email. If you did not - the IBA probably did not receive your application. However it you did - generally, you do not want to send a check until contacted by the IBA your ride has been verified (or use PayPal). It is not uncommon for ride verification to take 3 months depending on the time of year. Remember - the individuals verifying our rides are all IBA members that ride as well. While Oct is generally towards the end of riding season in the US; our friends down under are cranking out their rides so I expect the volume for the verification team stays high now all year round. And no - you do not have to be a premier member to get certified; Premier membership is only available for IBA members. You do not become a member until your first ride has been verified and you receive a member number. Rather than posting additional on the forum - I would encourage you to reach out to Ira via a PM. Good luck.

IBA ZX-9R

My original online submission was confirmed and invoiced in 3 days. I didn't leave anything to chance. I had all my required document and routes attached for electronic confirmation.

I submitted online during the height of the 2017 IBA ride season and was accredited via E-mail (Welcome to the IBA!) 5 days later. I about fell out of my chair.

Within a week or two I received my certificates, buttons, patches, etc.

The process that took the longest was the online rider list. That process runs about 2 months behind.

If you're having trouble, you'll want to confirm the E-mail address you are sending your online submittal to. And remember, they're all volunteers. Stay positive and you should have positive results here soon.

IBA ZX-9R

Yes, but so that the format follows their guidelines, just use the Mailto link (ON-LINE Certification) on their online application page:

http://www.ironbutt.com/rideapp/

Paste in your links and information and attach PDF copies of whatever other documents you have: properly filled out and signed witness sheets, your ride log, photocopies of gas receipts, etc. Double check that all of your information for errors and that it fulfills their guideline requirements before hitting send.

To your speedy certification! :)