Our 2021 IBR Ride Report

HACKLE

To start and not finish is frustrating indeed. But it's way better than not starting at all. Congratulations.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi Guys,
thanks for sharing, Bec & I feel your pain on Day 10 & 11.
We were watching the spot tracker & wondering who was still in CA.

Glad you guys are safe and keen to have a another go in 2023. All going well, we hope to see you there at the start.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
It would appear I forgot to mention the time the bike suddenly went into "Limp Home" mode on the interstate somewhere in Pennsylvania.... Oh well, a story for another time.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
My hat's off to not only you, but your sweetie as well. Regardless of the disappointment of not finishing, you're both bada**es in my book!
Thank you... I have no idea how she does it back there. No way in hell I could do it...

That was a really nice ride report and bummer about the finish and the endless ride up Hiway 299. There is now a 4 hour closure on that road twice a day now for the next month.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
An Update:

WRT to the DTC issue that kept me from using cruise control the last 2,700 miles:

As I suspected, it was an issue with the size of the tires, BUT simply switching back to OEM sizes on both ends did NOT fix the problem. As it turns out, it was not until after I went through all three rear wheels and both front wheels in multiple combinations with no luck that I re-dicovered an older thread in the K16 forum that pointed me in the right direction.

Within the software of the GS-911 is a function to clear the "learned" values for the DTC. My DTC value was "-15.3mm" whateverthehell that means. I reset it to zero and just came back from a quick test ride. The DTC light is gone, the cruise control works, full power has been restored, and the only time the DTC kicked in was when the front tire came off the ground going into 2nd & 3rd gear. o_O