Our Photographs

Johng

Premier Member
Thanks John, I had wondered how the plaque was worded. the text is well worded..

I missed the memorial by that much( picture a gnats hair width) so its a small consolation to view the event in the gallery.
Mate I also think this poem is very fitting hopefully they will find a place for it.
In Memory
Hello my friend, let's go for a ride. Just you and I side by side. This road is different than all the rest, for us they paved the best. Sun in the sky, wind in our face... hurry my friend and pick up the pace. Others will follow us one day, but until then it is our road on which to play. Sweep to the left, twist to the right, onward we ride day into night. Our last road does not end, it continues onward bend after bend. We each ride with a wide smile, down this special road mile after mile. No pain, cares or sorrow as we happily ride into tomorrow. - Lynne Carey IBA #57759

Fatman

I know at the Wilcannia Memorial site Derrick read a poem which I believe is the Australian poem we are going to utilise. Is that correct TJ?

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks John, I had wondered how the plaque was worded. the text is well worded..

I missed the memorial by that much( picture a gnats hair width) so its a small consolation to view the event in the gallery.
Hahaha Td we missed it by a good solid hour mate. We did get there just in time to congratulate many as they walked back up the hill the Toney and I had a quiet sit to contemplate at the rock. We did meet Jeramie too.
But really the highlight for us both was a very simple informal chat with Julie and of course the Kite hawk.

I was thinking about my first recollection of camping at or around Netallie Hill may date to 1965 or early 1966.
Dad would simply pull up at the end of the days travels and we would set camp. On occasion a truck would be parked up close by but on the whole it was not as it is now.
Back then we had a mark II? bettle. The first with the rectangle back window. Still had pop up turn signal things retrofitted. These trips used to take place mid December.