OX-34 - Lap of Australia on Highway 1

Farkleit

Premier Member
Thanks Philmor for the pics.

And just for the record, I am not trying to look like Ox with my helmet liner cap on, I put in on when we weren't sure if he was going to stop at the United or not. That's my story and I'm sticking to it..;)
Just needed a Yellow Jacket fatman LOL,, BTW where you get that fine looking head covering?o_O

HACKLE

Well my job for the morning is complete. As already noted I picked up Ox and Philmor at Traralgon and took the point. Philmor home at Rosedale, then a good average to Bairnsdale. Fuel and a short break for a little food intake for "the Machine". Back into it , but at a slightly reduced pace. A number of deer have been sighted between Lakes Entrance and Nowa Nowa over the last couple of weeks.
The constant 20 hour days + the rain from Ceduna have taken a toll on Peter, only natural. He had a bit of trouble maintaining an even gap to me, and as such I reduced my k's per hour down. I didn't want problems for him. Into Cann River to meet John Negus where Peter had a short lay down / feet up [as usual] snooze. Feeling better after the kip, and much better after a strong coffee, the Lap of Highway 1 was continued.
My small part was only 580 kms. for the morning. Now to put some clothes together and drive down to the wife's home in Officer, we have a 70th. birthday to attend tomorrow night.
I forgot to mention, but we didn't have any rain to Cann River. Hoping it remains that way to Newcastle. Ride safe ol mate.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Is it just me or does everyone else only see the current days SPOT and not the full trip from when Ox left?
Maybe there is some setting im missing?

Vlad

Premier Member
Well done Hackle, It's weird but watching this unfold over the last 9 days I have become as invested in this run as I would in one of my own. That big brain of his will be calling the shots on a comfortable speed about now I would suspect.

Fransvdm

Premier Member
I am a little embarrassed to say that I went to meet Peter in a car.
I drove to south of Nowra and stood there on the side of the road. At the time, his SPOT still showed that he was south of Ulladulla. I was refreshing SPOT and the next moment he was passing me. He did see me and we waved to each other He appears to be good.

I couldn't see John Negus on a bike though

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I intercepted Ox & John at Moruya, where they both refuelled bike & man.
Ox is looking sharp, he's running the plan and his "game face" was on. Impressive!

I rode tail end Charlie (staying out of the Big Dogs way) with them to Batemans Bay then waved them on as I returned to work...(wishing i could go on with them)

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Its such a pretty little SPOT track isn't it!

Not long before the loop is closed and seems The Machine has ample time to do it.
Sydney traffic and north of Sydney on the Pacific Highway will be a nightmare. I suspect most people that are not still on holiday, would take Monday off to make a long weekend. He still has 5 hours 11 mins time to do it at the writing of this post.

Google reckons under normal traffic circumstances it would take him approximately 2 hours and 19 mins, so he could have a 2 hour delay and still be fine.

I really hope he makes it, actually, I am confident that he will make it

Knave

Premier Member
IBA Member
I bumped into Ox at Waterfall (south of Sydney) when he stopped to fix his visor. He was looking relaxed and the traffic was not too bad. I rode with him to just before the airport. He has one more receipt to get at Artarmon then it is straight home. Just an incredible ride!