OX-34 - Lap of Australia on Highway 1

tj189

Premier Member
0144hrs this morning Peter's spot has stopped just short of Acacia Roadhouse, I am assuming he has stopped for a nap. As of 0230hrs he has still not moved.
Gave him an hour and had been rechecking the spot ........ as of 0238hrs he has arrived at Darwin. Must have been a problem with his spot.

tj189

Premier Member
About half way, last conversation early this morning was that Peter was looking at making Roebuck Plains Roadhouse. think he may have a break there......or maybe not:)

Frog

Premier Member
IBA Member
Well rested I'm guessing
Some of the northern route would possibly require a long break to realign the opening hrs with the 600km max on the dockets. I have stopped at Roebuck plans and the dongers are good;), just a little hairy with the loose gravel and a heavy bike. looking at the spot, the stop may have been strategic as halls creek opens for fuel at 5am and Nunattara closes at 9pm they are 1700km apart and you have 16hrs:eek:. even if you fuel at Karratha 9pm close or ride 20km for 24hr fuel north, it is still 622km to Carnarvon. the next 24hr.

Last edited:

Vlad

Premier Member
I was thinking that perhaps someone had spoken to him on the phone. However I think Frog has it nailed. I keep forgetting the time difference. He's on schedule for Carnarvon. So I guess that just brings it down to how fit he feels. Geraldton is a shade under 2000k from his onite rest stop.I assume 24 hr fuel at Geraldton ?

HACKLE

Looking forward to any photos that Gus might take when he meets Ox. I was speaking to Tiger Bill yesterday, even he didn't know Ox's ride plan. Apparently he only decided two hours prior to departing that he was going. I'm sure he had a ride plan "hanging on the fridge" just waiting for a window to open.

HACKLE

Looking forward to any photos that Gus might take when he meets Ox. I was speaking to Tiger Bill yesterday, even he didn't know Ox's ride plan. Apparently he only decided two hours prior to departing that he was going. I'm sure he had a ride plan "hanging on the fridge" just waiting for a window to open.

HACKLE

My plan is to meet Ox about Traralgon or thereabouts and ride with him to Cann River where John Negus will take over and ride through to home with him. Good to see he got through Perth OK with Gus meeting him at Gingin and pointing him south. Latest spot shows him at Bridgetown and southbound.