OX-34 - Lap of Australia on Highway 1

Skidoo

Premier Member
What an AWSOME ride in difficult conditions. Love the pics, love the story and love the spontaneity of the ride!
Well done mate, makes you feel like getting out there and going for a ride!
By the way, also enjoyed waltching your progress on SPOT and I visualised the discomfort and challenges experienced.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks for sharing Ox,

Inspirational reading! Words don't do this justice, your ride was bigger than BIG.

Strange about that Jogger....where did he come from & where was he going?

Borroloola (15:07hr local, 4648km, 28.48L) The girl on the desk said “a bloke phoned about you” as I entered the store. “the road should be clear”.

You know the saying.... you can ride but you cant hide! :D

A HUGE Congratulations Ox,

Thoroughly enjoyed the report thanks for sharing your journey.

Oh and I am really peeved I couldn't get out with Fatman to join you for a few kms :( so can you do a rerun please ;)

Farkleit

Premier Member
Hi Peter, what model SPOT are you running? If gen 3 do you have to turn if off and on every 24 hours?
I have been told there is a way to change SPOT gen three so you dont have to switch it off and on every 24 hours?
Any help here would be great

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Hi Peter, what model SPOT are you running? If gen 3 do you have to turn if off and on every 24 hours?
I have been told there is a way to change SPOT gen three so you dont have to switch it off and on every 24 hours?
Any help here would be great
Why don't you want to turn it off?
I never ride more that 24 hours, so I turn it off when I have a sleep and turn it on when I start again.

sixty6north

This was mentioned to me by Jason from Spotwalla, if you ride over a 24 hour period for whatever reason
I just leave my Spot 3 on all the time on a multi-day ride. I have never had to reset it, turn it off or anything else.
I usually send a ping on it the day before the ride to ensure that it is registered on the network if I have not used it for a while.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm running a SPOT 2, so reset it before the 24 hours are up.

Usually I hit 'ok' then turn it off if I'm in a hotel for a sleep, otherwise I leave it flashing 'track' if I'm napping on the side of the road.