Oz Blue Tenere written off

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Any of you guys recognise this tank?

I sold my beloved blue S10 to Crackaz last year and the tank has rusted and started to leak. Terminal.

I found this tank on ebay at a well known online wreckers in Dubbo. It shows an aux bulkhead fitting with maybe JB weld or something around the base. There is no plan to fit an aux tank to the bike at this stage.

There are a few scratches on the tank which is fine, I'm just asking if anyone knows what's under the 'JB weld' and if they have any first hand concerns about this exact tank.

I've drilled a bunch of tanks and am not asking for any general advice on such capers.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Maybe Brookester.
I think Cuddles had his bingle about mid October 2016. If so the tank has been sitting on the shelf for nearly 5 years.
Back then I thought Cuddles was running a Frankentank rather than an aux so that Annette had space on the back of the bike.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Good on you Karl.

I said to Crackaz that the tank being in Dubbo probably meant it was yours but that dealer seems to sell more stuff than just local bingles could generate.

Come to think of it, you and TigerBill could pay the intermet bill for years.

Crackaz has bought the tank already and we'll bolt it on soon enough.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Good on you Karl.

I said to Crackaz that the tank being in Dubbo probably meant it was yours but that dealer seems to sell more stuff than just local bingles could generate.

Come to think of it, you and TigerBill could pay the intermet bill for years.

Crackaz has bought the tank already and we'll bolt it on soon enough.
haha if you need a hand transporting it maybe I can help?