What are my options to stick them on??
1. Sew (don't feel like poking holes)
2. Tape

What if want to move them around??

Suggestions please??

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The military uses velcro on the vest/jacket/flight suit and sticks the patches on those areas of velcro. This allows for when people change units, etc. You're still going to have to have some velcro stitched or glued on to your vest.

In the biker community, patches are sewn on leather vests, often at events by folks with booths to do just that. You never "move them around". Pick the spot it will live at and live with that. ;)

CB650F

Premier Member
Having the patches sewn on is the best option if you don't want to move the patches around. If you do, you'll need something that sticks to leather and the patch. Double sided tape? Hmm, I doubt that would be secure enough. You might try something like this iron on adhesive fabric for a better hold. I don't know how removable/reusable it is for moving patches around though.

Velcro seems like a good solution for keeping the patches mobile. Would you be interested in putting velcro all over your leather vest? In my opinion, it would ruin the look of the vest, but to each his own. You could also try small safety pins. It would leave small holes so keep that in mind.

Capone

Sew them you earned them, treat it like a tattoo. Once you have to move them, then it’s time to buy a new vest and then have the important ones transferred.

EddyC

IBA Member
Sew them you earned them, treat it like a tattoo. Once you have to move them, then it’s time to buy a new vest and then have the important ones transferred.
Yep, and you could even experiment with the color of the thread...
Good Luck!
Ed.

Last edited:

ibafran

See your nearest sewing center. There are some great material adhesives that stink unbelievably until they cure. Prolly best used in the garage with good ventilation. No idea how easy it is to remove. Maybe do a test run? Did you by an adjustable vest ( side laces) or one big enough to grow into?
fran