Payment. Am I doing this right?

So I gathered everything together and sent an electronic application for a SS1600K. I went to the e store to pay, but I don't think I could pay there because I'm not a member. I didn't actually see where or how to join as a member. Anyways, I sent 56.25 via paypal for the full monty package. So... am I good?

So I gathered everything together and sent an electronic application for a SS1600K. I went to the e store to pay, but I don't think I could pay there because I'm not a member. I didn't actually see where or how to join as a member. Anyways, I sent 56.25 via paypal for the full monty package. So... am I good?
I hope its not like me. I sent in paperwork with money back in Jun. They received it 1 Jul. I have not heard from them since and cannot get aold of them. I have sent several e-mails but have not received any answer back.

Shoot. I wish I'd looked at this forum before I sent the money. I'll give it 12 weeks or as long as the PayPal consumer protection is good for.
I did my best to make the documentation very clear and easy to process

Ed.

Premier Member
Relax. It may take a while, but it will get there. The whole show is run on a volunteer basis and people, while being very diligent, have lives to live.

@Ed. I don't mean to be disrespectful to the volunteers, and I'm certainly not expecting a response for months as I have only just submitted my application.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
FYI, the normal method is for you to submit your ride and pay the invoice you are sent after the ride is approved. In that way, if for some reason the ride is rejected one doesn't have to go through a refund process.

Also, the way to become an IBA member is to submit and have approved one of our rides. That is why you don't see a way to become a member simply by paying a fee.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

FYI, the normal method is for you to submit your ride and pay the invoice you are sent after the ride is approved. In that way, if for some reason the ride is rejected one doesn't have to go through a refund process.

Also, the way to become an IBA member is to submit and have approved one of our rides. That is why you don't see a way to become a member simply by paying a fee.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Thanks for clearing that up. From the documentation on the site, it wasn't clear that payment was due after approval, but with the application.