Piss-take / excursion opportunity

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
In time there will be a ride report and an incident report but briefly: I made a schoolboy error in Belgium on Saturday and fell off my bike - I'll live - and can't ride for six weeks or so. I carry four different sets of insurance cover and they're all useless on this occasion. I am at home, typing this with my left hand, but my bike still lives in Belgium.
Who would like an all expenses paid trip to Deerlijk, Belgium to recover my bike either by van or by riding it back to me in Hampshire? The bike's rideable, it only suffered a broken knuckle cover. It's a Suzuki V-Strom 650. The suggestion has already been made that a special patch should be commissioned denoting membership of the growing group of "Bob Stammers Rescuers" and obviously you'll qualify for one.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Oh bugger, so sorry to hear that Bob, I've not heard of your exploits before! hope you heal quickly.
As for recovery, I will have to look at the calendar and logistics of getting to Deerlijk, I don't have a van as that would be the easiest option. Let's see if anyone does, otherwise, I'm sure between this group we can work something out.

Jonnyp

IBA Member
You daft bugger Bob.....

I’m free this Sunday... I don’t have a van but happy to either take someone over (by car or bike) so they can ride it back or be taken and ride it back to yours.

I’m in Huntingdon so which ever is logistically best...

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
You daft bugger Bob.....

I’m free this Sunday... I don’t have a van but happy to either take someone over (by car or bike) so they can ride it back or be taken and ride it back to yours.

I’m in Huntingdon so which ever is logistically best...
I could do it with you on Sunday Jon...nothing like a road trip, roughly 1.5 / 2 hrs from Calais

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
You guys seem to have it sorted, but I don't mind being first reserve. I could either drive someone over there or be the one taken. I'm in the Canterbury area.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I would but living in Newcastle makes it a bit of a chew whereas you southerners appear to be taking up the challenge; anyway I already have a "Bob Stammers Rescuers" Patch.

Love, light and, kindness

Dave

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Right chaps, thanks for the prompt offers. I've been out all day trying to earn the money to pay for it but it looks like we have a winning combo.

UK recovery? yes/no/maybe. Insurance companies turn out to be wriggly beasts. I'm two hours from the tunnel if that helps your reckoning. I'd offer to assist but :(:(:(

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
I shall email the hotel this morning to let them know that someone will be coming on Sunday, further details nearer the time.

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Friend of ours fell over in Austria and did both knees was in hospital a week was flown home with nurse and his wife with him, private ambulance to Leeds LGI from London wife was flown home with him covered by insurance how ever his bike was ok as was not riding it and as such was not recovered READ SMALL PRINT if someone had borrowed the HT leads would have been classed as broken down so would have been recovered (make a note of that lol) as he could not ride for 6 months he paid £350 to have the bike picked up