Piss-take / excursion opportunity

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
In time there will be a ride report and an incident report but briefly: I made a schoolboy error in Belgium on Saturday and fell off my bike - I'll live - and can't ride for six weeks or so. I carry four different sets of insurance cover and they're all useless on this occasion. I am at home, typing this with my left hand, but my bike still lives in Belgium.
Who would like an all expenses paid trip to Deerlijk, Belgium to recover my bike either by van or by riding it back to me in Hampshire? The bike's rideable, it only suffered a broken knuckle cover. It's a Suzuki V-Strom 650. The suggestion has already been made that a special patch should be commissioned denoting membership of the growing group of "Bob Stammers Rescuers" and obviously you'll qualify for one.
Do I qualify for a "Bob Stammers Rescuers" patch after giving you a pillion home after the RBLR ride a couple of years ago when you fell over?:p:p

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Renewing my bike insurance led to some interesting discussions last week. Among other revelations "the best solution for [bike ok, unable to ride, repatriate bike] is a mate with a van" - said the man selling me bike insurance.