Planning 100CCC & BBG Trifecta

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I had to change my ride plans has the day before leaving for my ride work asked me to come to San Diego this coming Monday for the week. I bought a ticket to fly out when I was going to get back from my 100CCC thinking that would work.

Well when I was almost to San Diego I came to my senses and decided to stay in San Diego after completing the 50CC.

Dan and I finished the 50CC in a little over 32 hours and we knocked out a 1830 mile BBG on the first 24 hours.

Dan is heading back and going to finish the 100CCC as he has to be back at work Monday.

Made it back and completed the BBG Trifecta and 100CCC. Was really sorry to part with Greg in San Diego, but it would,ve made no sense to haul tail back to FL only to fly back to San Diego hours after arrival (***IF*** things went exactly according to plan). I checked his SPOT and saw him in Joshua Tree NP and Las Vegas, so it's hard to feel too bad for the guy now! Thanks to everyone who was keeping an eye on us

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
One of the cool things that happened during our ride was wat a police officer did for us.

We were stopped in a long construction zone in Texas before San Antonio and a police officer drove up on the shoulder and said it is more than 3 miles to the end of the construction zone and told us to ride the shoulder and to have a nice day. Wow, that saved us over 20 minutes according to Google traffic.

One of the cool things that happened during our ride was wat a police officer did for us.

We were stopped in a long construction zone in Texas before San Antonio and a police officer drove up on the shoulder and said it is more than 3 miles to the end of the construction zone and told us to ride the shoulder and to have a nice day. Wow, that saved us over 20 minutes according to Google traffic.
The Blue Lives Matter stickers that both of you have on your bikes certainly help. You guys rode a fantastic East to West route. The weather forecast seemed to be fairly accurate and caught up to you in New Mexico. Glad Neanderthaler was able to complete the BBG Trifecta and 100CCC. I'm sure you will think of something even more challenging in the future and make it look easy. :)

mcrigid

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Made it back and completed the BBG Trifecta and 100CCC. Was really sorry to part with Greg in San Diego, but it would,ve made no sense to haul tail back to FL only to fly back to San Diego hours after arrival (***IF*** things went exactly according to plan). I checked his SPOT and saw him in Joshua Tree NP and Las Vegas, so it's hard to feel too bad for the guy now! Thanks to everyone who was keeping an eye on us
Congratulations on an outstanding ride. It was exciting following you on Spotwalla. Thanks for sharing your ride with us.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Congratulations on an outstanding ride. It was exciting following you on Spotwalla. Thanks for sharing your ride with us.
Agreed!

Fun to monitor stop times to see how those two 'big-dogs' ;) manage dumping in 10+ gallons of fuel & the other incidental stuff accomplished at stops in 15 minutes or so.