Premier Membership?

Trying to join the "Premier" membership before an upcoming Saddlesore 1000 and Bunburner 1500. I was advised to join from a friend since it would be easier/quicker to submit all required documents as explained on the IBA website. I have created a login on the IBA website but when I am at the store and click to purchase the Premier membership for $40 it tells me you are not logged in as an IBA member. Also under my profile there is no member number listed, I understand a number isn't assigned until you complete your first IBA ride and it is verified. My question is how do I purchase this Premier membership before doing my first IBA 1000/1500 ride? Thanks in advance!

Ernie

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
You don't.

One first needs to become a regular IBA member by completing and having certified at least a Saddlesore 1000 (establishing an eStore account does not make you an IBA member) before purchasing a Premier membership.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira,
Thanks for your reply! I just reread the part on the submission of documents and where I thought it said if you want to become a Premier member click here, I missed where it said "If you plan on being an active IBA rider you might want to consider being a Premier member, thanks for the clarification! Looking forward to my first 1000 and 1500 in just a couple weeks!

Ernie

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
When they first rolled out the electronic method for submitting cert ride documentation, it was only available to Premier members. Now it's available to everyone. That may be what your friend was remembering.