Pressed Penny Insanity - discussion

Slasher

Premier Member
Can we use any IBA issued flag or does it need to be one of the generic ones available on the website? Anybody who does the Jacksonville party rides on a regular basis has quite a collection of IBA flags.

bikerbill

IBR Finisher
Can't believe some industrious individual hasn't already done a gpx file of the locations....
http://www.pennycollector.com/AreaList.aspx
..... come on people, get crackin!

;)
Added Mississippi, Nebraska, Utah, Nevada, Montana (20 locations), Idaho, Oregon, Vermont, New Hampshire, Delaware, and Rhode Island.

02-09-16: Added Connecticut, Washington D.C., New Jersey, Maine, and Maryland.

If anyone uses these files I would appreciate any feedback as to their accuracy. (PM me please.) I am simply using Google Maps to generate the kml that I import into Basecamp. Some of the machines are in tourist areas that have vague addresses, changed business names, and similar names to other locations. State Parks are a special challenge.

Thanks.
Bill

Last edited:
Added Georgia (54 locations) and South Carolina (52 locations) with descriptions of machine locations within the establishment. Once I finish the initial run-thru I may go back and add descriptions to the earlier postings.

Last edited:
02-27: Added Virginia (63 locations) and North Carolina (80 locations). Corrections made to some Texas locations.
03-05: Added West Virginia (20 locations) and Indiana (48 locations)
03-06: Added Illinois (66 locations)
03-10: Added New York (99 locations)
03-13: Added Washington (63 locations), Iowa (21 locations), and North Dakota (8 locations)
03-18: Added South Dakota (42 locations) and, for the very hardy, Alaska (32 locations)
03-19: Added Wisconsin (65 locations)
04-22: Added Missouri (82 locations)
05-01: Added Arizona (117 locations)
05-05: Added Minnesota (47 locations)
05-20: Added Florida (164 locations) No Cruise Ships!
05-22: Added Pennsylvania (112 locations), Michigan (55 locations), and Massachusetts (51 locations, including 2 ferries)
05-23: Added Hawaii (41 locations)

ALL 50 states plus Washington DC!

Enjoy

Last edited:

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
There are seven machines in 7 different stores in that mall. How do you count that? They are 7 unique places but under one roof. We have same issue in Nashville at Opry Mills Mall. 3 stores in the mall each have machine. My thinking is count the mall itself as one location and limit it to one for there. But you all may have different thought pattern so thought I would ask for clarification
I believe that the"Mall" is the 'unique location'. So one penny from each mall will count. Getting the other 6 Or 2 do not count as additional locations.

As was said before, its about traveling to locations, not how many pennies you press.

Rony6ble

Premier Member
I don't know if this location is included in the GPX file or not.
Oatman, AZ is on Route 66 between Topock (I40 X1) and Kingman, AZ
1) Fast Fanny's Place 35.026018, -114.383175 (between the two stores - outside 4 options to choose, pick the burros)
2) Canole Mercantile 35.025719, -114.383029 (140 Main St - outside, green box next to the public phone, same 4 options)
Have a nice ride

I don't know if this location is included in the GPX file or not.
Oatman, AZ is on Route 66 between Topock (I40 X1) and Kingman, AZ
1) Fast Fanny's Place 35.026018, -114.383175 (between the two stores - outside 4 options to choose, pick the burros)
2) Canole Mercantile 35.025719, -114.383029 (140 Main St - outside, green box next to the public phone, same 4 options)
Have a nice ride

Excellent! They are added to the next update of the GPX.

Last edited:
I got the two pennies in Oatman, but I just checked my PennyFinder App for Missouri and it says there are 30 Penny Machines in Branson, MO. AND 40 in Lake Buena Vista FL (Disneyland). I passed those during the Plane Crazy Ride in the middle of the night but may be heading to Branson soon. So how many of those 30 penny machines can I get?

And Oh Yeah!! Thanks to bikerbill for the GPX files, they're great. (although maybe the 30 machines in Branson are why he hasn't done Missouri yet, likewise Florida!

Last edited:
When John and I visited the MidAmericaAir Museum in Liberal, KS, we asked if they had a penny machine there. They did,
but it was stored back in a closet so Donna and Jim may never have found it. We got our pennies but my inherent modesty
forced me to hang my flag on something other than the penny machine itself!

ZZsmallJPEGMidAmericanAirMuseum.jpg

So OK then, I have pressed 100 pennies in 24 states starting on Valentines Day. Boy is my arm sore!! Should I continue to get more because some of my first pictures of the machines were, well not to put too fine a point on it, LOUSY? All of my pictures of the pennies were difficult for me, a lousy photographer, to get right. You can see these poor pictures at:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bnZ6MFkzSVhjUmV6dTBwalhWeGNqSVVSNU5SY0R3

There are still 6 or 7 penny machines right near me in Albuquerque's Old Town area and I could get up into Utah and Colorado to add two more states. But I'm ready to submit these 100 pennies as is! How do I do that?

Hi, I have been looking at attempting this and still am unclear as to what start and end documents will be required. A simple gas receipt on start and end date? Also like a previous post show would a place like Branson MO count as one stop or would you be able to get 10 or so coins there? I assume 1 is all. Are there requirements post in another area? Thanks for the help.

BkerChuck

Can one flag be used for the rider and pillion or must pillion, not currently and IBA member, have their own flag? Perhaps I'm overthinking or not grasping something here.

Thanks,

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Can one flag be used for the rider and pillion or must pillion, not currently and IBA member, have their own flag? Perhaps I'm overthinking or not grasping something here.

Thanks,
From the link above: "You must take a photo of the machine with an IBA flag in the photo (this means you must purchase a flag for this ride – if you are leaving last second, try to get a hold of us for a temporary flag)."

It's open for interpretation, but I would say generally if you just want one cert, you only need one flag. If you want two certs, one for your pillion, they will need their own flag, (and to keep their own log of pennies pressed. Perhaps even to press their own pennies too, making you get two for every location if you both want to claim them.). You should, as an IBA member, be able to purchase two flags with different numbers from the IBA store.

Hope that helps.