R2E At John and Sonias Today 16/01/2016

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Just a note to congratulate all those who managed to get through to Pottal Pool House today for our first R2E of 2016.

Love, light and Kindness,

Dave

hover-hog

Geriatric MileEater
Premier Member
IBA Member
Huge thank you to John and Sonia, great hospitality and scran was great... Good to meet new faces and put faces to names today.

Cheers
Neil and Sharon

It sound like today was a success John and Sonia, I am sorry I couldn't attend after saying I would. A family bereavment has taken priority, But I will make every effort to make the next R2E.

JackC

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Not being a wimp out because of the cold the forecast, was right and there was the ability to get down but I would have struggled getting back. snowing started and at this moment in time about 3"
While this is not deep I expect about 6" and then freezing in the next hour or so.

upload_2016-1-16_17-2-50.png

So Next Year John & Sonia ... Looking forward to it already.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Around 360 miles ridden today, there and back from Norwich. I saw a high of 4.5 degrees at one brief point but it was around 2 - 2.5 mostly. This is the furthest I've ridden in these sorts of temperatures and now I've thawed out I'm glad I put myself through all the pain in my fingers and toes. Torso and legs were fine so maybe I just need to invest in heated socks and glove liners?

Thanks John, Sonia, and family for hosting us all, despite welcoming us with tons of fresh deep gravel :eek:

I hope everyone who made it got back home safely.

Roll on summer :D

Last edited:

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Excellent you all found the Gravel ....

Not too deep I see, but wise enough not to put a bike near ..