RAT Ride (Ride Around Texas)

Chris Hopper

Premier Member
Got my route mapped out for the RAT. Thinking of heading out next week sometime to tackle it. Who's done it and how was it? I've heard it was fairly easy, especially if you've completed the Hoka Hey which I have.

Scott Parish

Premier Member
Good luck. It has been my experience each ride has it's own unique challenges. I have completed BBG's with relative ease; but struggled on Saddlesores. A good plan is a must; but there are so many independent variables an easy day can quickly change to something much more challenging due to weather, road conditions, mechanical, physical, or mental issues. :)

rookie06, did you get your RAT Ride in? If not, you're welcome to join us on the RAT Before The BAT which DarkoDanny linked to: http://mctourer.com/rides/2018/RAT/

This is intended to be a ride leading up to the IBA's Big As Texas party, and riders who successfully complete the RAT Before The BAT will have their certificates presented during the BAT party. Registration is now open, and we'll take care of the paperwork as much as is possible to make the ride just a good fun ride.

Riders who can't make the BAT are still welcome on the RAT Before The BAT, and we'll see that you get your certificate mailed to you.

Chris Hopper

Premier Member
rookie06, did you get your RAT Ride in? If not, you're welcome to join us on the RAT Before The BAT which DarkoDanny linked to: http://mctourer.com/rides/2018/RAT/

This is intended to be a ride leading up to the IBA's Big As Texas party, and riders who successfully complete the RAT Before The BAT will have their certificates presented during the BAT party. Registration is now open, and we'll take care of the paperwork as much as is possible to make the ride just a good fun ride.

Riders who can't make the BAT are still welcome on the RAT Before The BAT, and we'll see that you get your certificate mailed to you.

I did get it done! 68 hours. Awesome trip. I’ll look into this one and may do it as well. I’m going to BAT, so this may work.