RBLR1000 16th June 2018

Entbiker

Congratulations to all that finished also well done to all the people who planned and helped out at the event, the enthusiastic welcome back was very nice. I’m planning a BB1500 for August and will definitely be back next year . Great event and Charity as ex army I’m very proud. Cheers Darran

Sad to report I just had a letter from Norfolk constabulary. 69mph in a 60mph through some tempory road works that were abondoned. Feel a bit hard done by since there was no one working there, no one on the road but we had 4hrs in hand at that point so nothing to do with the challenge but rider error. Put a bit on damper on my excitement for future big days.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
I got one during Brit Butt Rally sat nav said 60 but Lincolnshire changed it to 50 oops 59 in 50 course due soon
I often see that. Even though I keep my maps updated Garmin often doesn't update the speed limits which is why I keep an eye on the road speed limit signs too ;)

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
I think that the Garmin updates are probably a year or more behind the real world even when they are first issued.

There was a new road built near me and it took about 2 years to appear on the new updated maps.

Hi Phil, do we know what the final total fundraising was?
I know that I was at £431.25 and then the dog training club I attend gave me a whopping cheque for £1,000 bringing my total to £1,431.25!!!!!

Amused me that before the big cheque it looked like I was going to raise about half of what I did for the 500 mile run in 2017, maybe people are getting 'Charitied Out' and pockets are getting deeper!

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Our estimate was £35,000 from what riders said at the start. We ask that it's noted to be from the rblr1000 but still get riders putting it into their local branch so it's pretty well impossible to get an exact figure. Some like yourself will have more and others less than expected so £35,000 isn't a bad estimate.
Philip

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Everyone should now have a certificate and new members should have their IBA numbers. If you are missing anything email me on [email protected]
Contacting me via forum,Facebook.twitter.whatsapp. messenger.instagram or any other social media etc is hit or miss as I don't have time to constantly monitor them all.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sad to report I just had a letter from Norfolk constabulary. 69mph in a 60mph through some tempory road works that were abondoned. Feel a bit hard done by since there was no one working there, no one on the road but we had 4hrs in hand at that point so nothing to do with the challenge but rider error. Put a bit on damper on my excitement for future big days.
I'm afraid with the many cameras about and speed limits that change so often it's hard to spot then all. It's just an additional expense that comes from long distance riding.

Our estimate was £35,000 from what riders said at the start. We ask that it's noted to be from the rblr1000 but still get riders putting it into their local branch so it's pretty well impossible to get an exact figure. Some like yourself will have more and others less than expected so £35,000 isn't a bad estimate.
Philip
Thanks Phil,
That's a brilliant total for 160 bikes, hope to be there next June if I can sweet talk my wife. If she's still unhappy I could just come up and help out in some way.
Cheers
Dave