Renaming Coast-to-Coast Rides

What do you think?

• Sounds Great! Why Wasn't This Thought Of Before?!?!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will I Get A New Certificate If The Name Changes?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
So saying or writing 50CC is easy enough, but when you start doing more and more laps, adding additional "C"s starts to become confusing. So I propose that something like the following be used:

50CC -> OK
100CCC -> 100C3
150CCCC -> 150C4
and so on.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
So saying or writing 50CC is easy enough, but when you start doing more and more laps, adding additional "C"s starts to become confusing. So I propose that something like the following be used:

50CC -> OK
100CCC -> 100C3
150CCCC -> 150C4
and so on.
Polls are fine, but it is up to Mike to make the decision. There are so few riders who do more than a 50cc that it probably isn't worth changing the nomenclature, IMHO.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have 2 things to say:
1) Anything beyond a 100CCC is pretty rare. Taking the time to say the C-C-C-C thing is not onerous. eg "I went for a ride and travelled from east coast to the west coast then back to the east and finally finished on the west coast. All in 150 hours. The ride is called a 150CCCC. 150 hours coast to coast to coast to coast".
2) 150C4? Now THAT sounds confusing. eg

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have 2 things to say:
1) Anything beyond a 100CCC is pretty rare. Taking the time to say the C-C-C-C thing is not onerous. eg "I went for a ride and travelled from east coast to the west coast then back to the east and finally finished on the west coast. All in 150 hours. The ride is called a 150CCCC. 150 hours coast to coast to coast to coast".
Yeah, what fool would do a 250 CCCCCC? Oh, Steve Dietrick ... o_O