renmark 2017 route advice

Frog

Premier Member
IBA Member
Need some help, I am currently procrastinating on the ride plan:confused:. there are only two Toadster friendly roads out of WA. can't decide wether to ride the usual southern route and be a little creative to get over 3000km or go north and risk bad weather, causing big delays and possibly thousands of Km of back tracking, maybe even missing the 8th finish window:(. I believe we only have till Tuesday to submit the plan. What is everyone else doing?

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Go south the safe route.
My motto is to finish the ride as easy as I can. Once I have checked in so to speak, he adventures can start

Last edited:

Frog

Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks Frans, its was a 50/50 for me but "Safe route" and "easy" have tipped the scale enough to make the right route choice. I will do two SS1600k on the way over and a gold ride on the way home.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Well its only a short bit of time till we ride. Who's doing what on the bikes or the routes or the home front?

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
I've nominated the ZRX for the ride, although I expect to have another bike to replace the Tiger by then.

Route: Mildura-Calder Park BP- Mildura ( pick up luggage) Renmark (Book in, dump luggage), OTR Paralowie-Renmark. Very simple, mostly 110kph limits. The not carrying baggage is a bonus.

Reader57

Ron,
I don't think we will cross paths till Saturday at Renmark. I'm leaving Wednesday night for Ceduna. Then sleep Thursday night at Renmark. Friday off to Gundagai and back to Renmark Saturday. All on the Hamburger with the Lot.

Nev..

Premier Member
Route: Mildura-Calder Park BP- Mildura ( pick up luggage) Renmark (Book in, dump luggage), OTR Paralowie-Renmark. Very simple, mostly 110kph limits. The not carrying baggage is a bonus.
I've chosen a similar type of strategy. Melbourne to Tailem Bend, then Renmark. That is the halfway point of the ride - check in and locate my room in the daylight, then a triangular loop with corners in Port Wakefield and Port Augusta. Which direction I do the loop will be determined by how i'm going for time and in particular avoiding riding into the setting sun.

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
Just seen some local advertising. Cullulleraine Music Festival is on April 7-9. Cullulleraine is around 60km west of Mildura.

Could have more traffic to be managed?