Retiring The End to End UK direct ride

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
When the E2E Uk was approved it was truly an Iron Butt Ride. But now with the improvements on the A9 in Scotland and motorway upgrades its possible to ride E2E UK in daylight let alone 24 hrs.

For this reason it will be retired at the end of 2022.

From 1st Jan 2023:
The basic E2E UK requirement will be to take a documented detour off the direct route covering a minimum of 1000 miles in 24hrs
The E2E UK Gold will be to take a documented detour but a minimum of 1250 miles in 24 hours

We have a stock of End To End gold Patches and pinsthat state 1000 miles which will be retired on 1st Jan 2023 when it becomes 1250 miles

So for 2022 anyone completing an E2E Gold 1000 miles will get a Certificate Pin and Patch for the special price of £35.

Firstpeke

Having done the E2E Gold I think I may do the basic E2E just to get it on my list of rides....

I did it in 2011 but never got it verified.... despite Mike Kneebone offering to do that when I was on a memorial ride in the USA the week following!

Hummers

Finisher RBLR1000 '22
IBA Member
I have cycled the End 2 End twice completed it in a Cossack sidecar last time. The opportunity to attempt it as the E2E Gold never occurred to me until now. Something to plan for next year....

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Having done the E2E Gold I think I may do the basic E2E just to get it on my list of rides....

I did it in 2011 but never got it verified.... despite Mike Kneebone offering to do that when I was on a memorial ride in the USA the week following!
If you still have the paperwork from 2011, send it to [email protected] and we can verify it.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have cycled the End 2 End twice completed it in a Cossack sidecar last time. The opportunity to attempt it as the E2E Gold never occurred to me until now. Something to plan for next year....
See above next year the rules will change the E2E gold will require a minimum of 1250 miles

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
Hopefully looking at next week a few days after the Iron Ore Rally in Cumbria.
If anyone fancies a trip to the Emerald Isle, I can heartily recommend the Compass Gold (4 Cardinal points with an SS1000)

Firstpeke

Is the "Certified Rides" page going to get an update to reflect the changes?

Will the"E2E Daylight" still be in the mix, or will that too be 1000 miles?