Ride Application example from Nov 2015 (witness required)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj189

Premier Member
Originally posted by Karl (Skidoo) on the old forum

Posted: 11 November 2015 at 4:39am | IP 115.64.85.34

Hi guys

I have been communicating with Howard Entman and one of the greatest challenges he has with certification is that many ride submissions are not complete and often do not us the generic application form listed below:

http://ironbutt.com/rideapp/rideappoz.htm

Often receipts are not included, no evidence of PayPal payment and this starts a chain of emails that is both labour and time intensive creating a follow on effect slowing the certification process down for everyone and increases the chance of errors.

Howard said, 'If the generic form (link above) is completed fully, errors are virtually nil'.

The ride documents should be 'strung' together as a single email attachment in a logical order.
I find converting files to a 'pdf' as a single file simplifies the submission process for me.

I have attached a previous submission that may assist those new to the electronic submission process (I also complete the online submission form via the link listed above). Please note that this is what I use and it appears to work efficiently.
1.jpg
2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Last edited:

tj189

Premier Member
An update to hopefully clarify some concerns in submitting ride applications via Australian IBA Electronic Ride Application ([email protected]).

Please do not use this email address if you are unable to follow the requirements as shown on the web page or unable to complete the form as shown in the example below.
Ride applications failing to meet these requirement may be returned to the sender for resubmission.

Towards the bottom of the page, shown in the link above, you will find a link, IBA ON-LINE Certification, which will open up your email program with a pre-formatted form (if this does not open your email software, you can copy and paste the form below into your email) example responses are in blue:

Ride are you applying (SaddleSore 1000/1600K BunBurner 1500/2500K, etc be specific): SaddleSore 1600K

Address to mail the certificate:
Fred Citizen
1 Blue Rd
Brisbane Qld 4000

Contact phone number: 012345678

Are you a NEW or EXISTING IBA member: NEW

Your age: 25

Date of ride start: 1 Oct 2018

Name you want on the certificate: Fred Citizen

Did you ride this with anybody else (who): No

Motorcycle make/model: Honda St1300

Odometer miles: 1685Km

GPS miles: 1697Km

Link to your Google or Mapquest or other on-line map: http://goo.gl/maps/V2oSt

If you used a tracking system (for example, SPOT Adventures, SPOTWALLA), paste your link here: (either place link here or leave blank)

Name of start city: Brisbane Qld

Three to five cities that you REALLY WANT to be on your certificate: Brisbane Qld, Coffs Harbour NSW, Sydney NSW

Name of end city: Sydney NSW

You can either clip the fee schedule from your particular ride. Please send your remittance fee through paypal to [email protected] and ATTACH A COPY OF THEIR CONFIRMATION to this email. PLEASE NOTE: IN ORDER TO PURCHASE IRON BUTT ITEMS, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR RIDE CERTIFIED (if not there would be no value for the pins and patches!):

ANYTHING ELSE WE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOUR RIDE: Spent 30 minutes repairing puncture between Grafton NSW and Coffs Harbour NSW

IF THIS IS A MEMORIAL RIDE AND YOU WANT A DEDICATION ON YOUR CERTIFICATE, PLACE THAT HERE: (enter information here or leave blank)

DON'T FORGET TO ATTACH YOUR SCANNED RIDE DOCUMENTS (witness forms, log, receipts); (current forms may be found here)

Status
Not open for further replies.