Ride approval

Tcmcnomad

NoMaD
Premier Member
For the fall equinox I'm planning on riding from Macon Georgia to Columbus along the fall line freeway then 215 miles of fall line again to it's other end in Augusta, repeat a few times then finish at the fall line brewery in Macon.
Will this back and forth be a problem or should I seek prior approval?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Repetitive routes are generally frowned upon, but if you document the turn around points it can be done. From the SS1K Page

"We strongly discourage, and in some cases may reject, routes that are repetitive in nature. For example, we would not accept a claim that you rode five round-trips between Daytona Beach, Florida and Jacksonville, a distance of only 95 miles..."

You're basically riding a 'Fall Line 1000'. If you want to create a ride with that name, you should seek prior approval and get input on what you should document for that. I'd seek prior approval anyway, due to the repetitive nature of the route, even if you just want an In State SS1K for GA as your fall equinox ride. Technically the Four Seasons ride can be any SS1K done at the correct time and it doesn't really become part of the Four Seasons Award until you finish all four and submit for it, if that's what you're ultimately aiming for.

@Ira can probably tell you if it's too repetitive or not.

Last edited:

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
What is the dstance between Macon and Columbus? How long is the repetitive portion of the ride? How many laps to you anticipate?

Tcmcnomad

NoMaD
Premier Member
What is the dstance between Macon and Columbus? How long is the repetitive portion of the ride? How many laps to you anticipate?
Via 540 fall line freeway from my house to the circle k at 4420 2nd Ave, Columbus Georgia, the end of 540 it's exactly 100 miles. ...
From there to the last gas station on the Augusta end - raceway 3224 dean's bridge Rd, Augusta Georgia it is 215 miles each way.
It would be 2 laps there and back + the 100 from Macon and back to Macon at either end of the ride.
If I'm making excellent time 3.5 laps + Macon will net me 1522 miles

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
So if I understand it, you would ride 100 miles, do two round trips, and the 100 miles back. If that's correct, I wouldn't consider the two round trips to be overly repetitive.

Tcmcnomad

NoMaD
Premier Member
Yes sir, that is correct. In that case looks like
So if I understand it, you would ride 100 miles, do two round trips, and the 100 miles back. If that's correct, I wouldn't consider the two round trips to be overly repetitive.
Yes sir, in that case looks like I have a plan. Thank you