Ride around Iowa

A quick question regarding the order of the cities listed for the Ride around Iowa. Are these in the correct order? It seems like Bellevue is out of order. Shouldn't Bellevue be after Sidney or Larchwood? If its done in the order listed you would have to cross the entire state and go all the way back? Am I missing something? According to the map, the order is off as well. Thanks.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
A quick question regarding the order of the cities listed for the Ride around Iowa. Are these in the correct order? It seems like Bellevue is out of order. Shouldn't Bellevue be after Sidney or Larchwood? If its done in the order listed you would have to cross the entire state and go all the way back? Am I missing something? According to the map, the order is off as well. Thanks.
I'm not sure what you are looking at. I plotted the cities in Google Maps in the order listed and it produced exactly the same map that is shown on the rules page - a clockwise progression in the correct order. Bellvue is between Lansing and Bettendorf (the last stop to complete the circumnavigation), so how is it out of order?

Either you're missing something or I am. :)

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira- I stand corrected. I kept looking at the map provided and kept seeing Bellevue on the map just south of Omaha and realized that was in Nebraska. Sorry to take up your time.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Ira- I stand corrected. I kept looking at the map provided and kept seeing Bellevue on the map just south of Omaha and realized that was in Nebraska. Sorry to take up your time.
No worries.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association