Ride the County 2016

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
I was at North Oxford BMW yesterday and picked up a card for Ride the County 2016. This is on Saturday 21st May - a nice warm-up for BBR. It raises money for the Thames Valley Air Ambulance. There are four checkpoints across four counties; each checkpoint is at a landmark, and a marshal takes your photo at each one.

They don't reveal where the checkpoints are until you register. The finish is in Minster Norton; there is camping and live music on the Saturday evening. Last year's checkpoints were in Sonning, Kingsclere and Aylesbury, with the finish in Carterton. That suggests that if you started in Sonning, you could do the lot in around 3 hours if you just took the quickest route (a stretch of the A34 featured), but I'd be tempted to keep away from A-roads and enjoy the countryside.

The website is www.ridethecounty.org.uk. Registration takes you to a Just Giving page, where it defaults to £30 - although you can change that up or down. Has anyone done this? Any opinions?

Regards,
Martin

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
That sounds like a fun event to ride and for a good charity too. Unfortunately as it's the weekend before the BBR I won't be able to get a kitchen pass for this one. Maybe next year :)