Ride to Eat nr 2 2017 San Marino

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hope you get home ok Phil .
Thanks Michiel for sorting another great trip and a great Hotel , what a view from the restaurant !.
First class company especially JP, JB, and Lyn with whom I traveled and the full crew of IBA riders that make these events so special. Cheers

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Finally got a chain at noon on Tuesday.Got home 830 miles later at around midnight. They didnt have sprockets or chain that was long enough. The front sprocket had bent teeth but I agreed they could make one chain of two. I guessed it would ruin the chain but last for 800 miles. I now need new chain and sprockets again!!!!!!!!

At least I now know a chain lasts 28,000 miles with an electronic scottoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked it up.:oops:

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
28000 miles when I checked. Well past it's sell by date.
Tuesday am truck ride to Motor America.
No stock of right kit.
Fixed by joining two chains and leaving old well worn sprockets. Rode 830 miles home at 1130. Booked in for new chain and sprockets next week
A brilliant trip, sun,snow,rain, wind cold hot. Good company. Just a normal European ride to eat.

I managed to squeeze the tiger past the parked cars in the garage at 6am Sunday. Did everyone else get out OK?
Good run back from SM, woke up at 3am so decided to make tracks then. Calais Ibis for the night and caught an early tunnel this morning. Well done Michael for organising. Enjoy your extended holiday Phil. I hope to make Andorra in October.
Baz
That's why the garage was open at 6am. Did I pass you on the motorway? I went by a yellow plate