Ride to Eat Nr 2. Manteigas,Parque Natural da Serra da Estrela,Portugal April 17,2021

michiel kerkhof

European Ride to Eat Coordinator
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
#61
Message to all attendants in Manteigas.....their email was lost in Spam somewhere I had contact with them today and as agreed long time ago I settled the bill for all by transfering 18 single rooms at 73 euro and 3 doubles at 78 euro each and for dinner 24 x 16.00 all that is left to pay for you when you get there are your drinks breakfast is included in the roomprice. so all who booked doubles(3 couples) please transfer 126 Euro to me and all 17 others but me please transfer 97 euro to me asap please...if you want to use banktransfer use IBAN NL32 RABO 0323560245 at Rabo bank Amsterdam in my name M.J. Kerkhof or paypal me at [email protected] Many thanks for your cooperation and see you in a couple of weeks at Torre and/or in the hotel
 
Last edited:

michiel kerkhof

European Ride to Eat Coordinator
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
#71
Well I will open the Corona discussion here.....today I have asked the question to the Athinahotel in Manteigas as borders are closing and we cant ride to the hotel most likely now how they feel about postponing this rte untill a later date after the summer peak or a total cancellation of the event....havent seen an answer as yet but want to ask same thing here as it should in a democratic group. We can switch it untill sometime september if not causing any trouble with existing plans Britbutt and/or IBA Brd activities? or we cancel the Cuneo RTE and make that the Manteigas RTE so we end up doing 4 i.o.5 rides to eat this year.....Thoughts??
 

Kim Leeson

Selfie Stick King
Premier Member
IBA Member
#72
Okay, I'll go first!
For me, seeing as Italy has been hit the hardest (so far), and the UK probably to follow, plus I have been to Italy several times...I would rather delay Portugal until later in the year and cancel Italy...of course, opinions will vary as every day the situation changes.
My company has already ordered that we work from home if possible...
 

TimeBandit

Premier Member
IBA Member
#75
Thanks, Kim for leading the pack...

Well, I don't think in five weeks from now we'll be back in our normal lives (unfortunately). We're locked in and they won't reopen the borders unless they are absolutely sure it is safe to do so (they are still politicians, though)

So, I think postponing is the best thing we could do. And it is something the hotel might accept also. September in Portugal should be lovely, maybe a week after Brit Butt?