Ride to Eat Nr 3 Kranska Gora circle June 12 ,2021

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
We meet in Kranjska-Gora at 16.00 sharp(near BW) Statue of Kekec, Podbreg, 4280 Kranjska Gora Coord46°28'55.1"N 13°46'55.3"E We stay in Best Western Hotel Vrsiska 38,4280 Kranjska Gora coord 46°28'54.4"N 13°46'53.3"E .My favourite ride is south from Kranjska via 206 to Trenta then Kal-Koritnice then up to Mangart and back to Rutte Piccolo and back to Kranjska again 95 km (2 hrs riding time) bar at 6 dinner at 7p.m. tried to copy paste route into here....too big!! They still have 7/8 rooms available….Dinner will take place there at 20.00 hrs self buffet at 17 Euro per person excl drinks. please fix rooms quickly as not too many available but several other hotels are available nearby just in case.....I need to info them asap how many will attend dinner.

El Liste
1. Michiel Kerkhof *
2. Tommy Wendt *
3 Michiel Buitenwerf*
4/5 Sean and Jean*
7 Erwin Starick
8 Marc van Heelsbergen( no room)
9 Jonathan Baker *
10 FazerPhil
11 Mike Hills*
12 Peter Ihlo*
13 Conny *
14 Mr Frank
15 Rolf Arne*
16 John Cunniffe*
18 Kim Leeson*

Last edited:

Michiel Buitenwerf

Staff member
IBA Member
oh YES
Count me in

The south road to Podberg is the BEST motorcycle road in Europe!!
The part in the blue circle. In the corners the bricks were put by the Russians, when wet very slippery, but the best 4 km it is
Begin at Kal, take the 206, 45 km in total and it will takes you 1 hour of fun (or 1,5 hour of normal riding ;-)

Attachments

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
46°28'54.4"N 13°46'53.3"E

These are the Hotel Co ordinates Michiel

46°28'55.1"N 13°46'55.3"E
and these should be for the statue

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
The annual international meeting of touring motorbike users organised by the International Motorcycling Federation (FIM). The FIM Rally is the most important meeting in the annual tourism calendar of FIM events (based in Switzerland http://www.fim-live.com).
This is a meeting of about 2,000 motorcycle touring fans from more than 30 different countries. The rally normally takes several days, during which the participants share their passion for motorcycles and their motorcycle experience, as well as visit the surroundings of the location that hosts the rally. Each succeeding rally is held in another country in order to give the opportunity to each hosts to show their diversity of culture, history and folklore. At the rally, you will be able to meet people not only from all around Europe but also tourists from, among other, the United States, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, or Indonesia. The organization of the rally is a great honour for the country and, above all, for the host city

Safari Ferg

Premier Member
There are four different FIM (Touring) events annually, FIM Rally (hotel primarily but camping available), FIM MotoCamp (camping primarily but hotel available), FIM MotoTour (hotels, possibly different venues nightly) and FIM Meritum (for those who have attended 5 or more), all are usually 3 days and normally very good value with all food (and often wine) included, plus well organised (free) ride outs to interesting places (this year in Portugal to a lot of Napoleon's era fortifications, winery, coffee research station).
Each nation has their own reps that you go through, GB is http://fimteamgb.co.uk/index.html.
I had been planning to do the Motocamp and then on to The Dracula Rally in Turda in Romania but it appears the Mototour has had to switch location and dates from Denmark to Turkey which has affected the dates of the Motocamp in Northern Slovakia. So am now looking at the FIM Rally in Foligno in Italy 24-26 June followed by ERTE No 3 on 27th.
The FIMs are great fun, and another good way to see parts of the world you might not otherwise see, just like Iron Butt lunacy :)

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
[Graeme I'm sorry but even after searching for 20 minutes I see no info on where that rally is held let alone dates....more about racing stuff but nothing to do with what we do I reckon.....anyways I cant change the dates because there is a non LDriders event somewhere......

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
There are four different FIM (Touring) events annually, FIM Rally (hotel primarily but camping available), FIM MotoCamp (camping primarily but hotel available), FIM MotoTour (hotels, possibly different venues nightly) and FIM Meritum (for those who have attended 5 or more), all are usually 3 days and normally very good value with all food (and often wine) included, plus well organised (free) ride outs to interesting places (this year in Portugal to a lot of Napoleon's era fortifications, winery, coffee research station).
Each nation has their own reps that you go through, GB is http://fimteamgb.co.uk/index.html.
I had been planning to do the Motocamp and then on to The Dracula Rally in Turda in Romania but it appears the Mototour has had to switch location and dates from Denmark to Turkey which has affected the dates of the Motocamp in Northern Slovakia. So am now looking at the FIM Rally in Foligno in Italy 24-26 June followed by ERTE No 3 on 27th.
The FIMs are great fun, and another good way to see parts of the world you might not otherwise see, just like Iron Butt lunacy :)
It'll be great if you can combine both events in 1 trip....I'm not doing that camping is not my hobby....foligno Kransjka is only 650 km so shud be doable to be on the spot for pics at 16.00

Safari Ferg

Premier Member
Michiel, I was certainly not trying to get tge date of the ERTE changed, just trying to alert fellow LDRs to the opportunity for an FIM event as well as tge RTE.
The FIM website is sub-optimal.

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
As you may have noticed I removed the hotel from this RTE as they have a congress same time and possibly not enough rooms for us as well as overbusy in restaurant....news to appear asap!! See opening note for details all fixed with Best Western they still have 7/8 rooms for us if full there are other hotels nearby on walking distance!!

Last edited: