Ride Witness

Can anyone tell me, as this will be my first registered LD ride (SaddleSore1000 with BunBurner1500), do I need additional witnesses at my stops or only the witnesses at the Starting Verification and Ending Verification? Leaving on 2/28. THX, crowgo

All you need for an SS1K and BB1500 are witnesses at the start and stop - if the start and stop location are the same location, it can be the same witness.

http://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/ssseries/index.html
Good to know.
I am thinking about doing the BB1500, I will probably qualify for a SS1000 on that same ride. Do I need a stop witness when I reach the 1000+ mark or can that be my same stop witness for the BB1500.

Ed.

Premier Member
If you want to claim the ss1000 then yes, you need an end witness for that as well as the end witness for the 1500. Two sets of paper work, including the start witness, just to be sure. Belts and braces are never a bad thing especially for your first ones.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
If you want to claim the ss1000 then yes, you need an end witness for that as well as the end witness for the 1500. Two sets of paper work, including the start witness, just to be sure. Belts and braces are never a bad thing especially for your first ones.
Absolutely wrong!

If you are planning on doing a Saddlesore 1000 within a Bun Burner 1500, you only need a receipt with location/date/time at the 24-hour/1000-mile mark. We don't want you wasting time looking for a witness when you're on the clock. And one set of documentation can cover both rides.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ed.

Premier Member
Well there you go, I stand corrected.
Given I don't nest rides, I really should not have poked my nose into it!

Absolutely wrong!

If you are planning on doing a Saddlesore 1000 within a Bun Burner 1500, you only need a receipt with location/date/time at the 24-hour/1000-mile mark. We don't want you wasting time looking for a witness when you're on the clock. And one set of documentation can cover both rides.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Thanks Ira,
I know I can make the SS1000 because I did that.
The BB1500 will be a challenge, I am starting to feel better about it.
My biggest concern is the amount of night riding I will have to do to make it happen.
I plan on leaving home around 12:00 at night that way at least I am on familiar roads to start.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
The BB1500 will be a challenge, I am starting to feel better about it.
My biggest concern is the amount of night riding I will have to do to make it happen.
A BB1500 can be accomplished during daylight conditions.

Start at 0800, ride 750 miles over the next 12 hours, stopping at 2000 (62.5 mph avg).
Stop for 12 hours.
Start at 0800 the next day, ride the second 750 miles over the next 12 hours.

1,500 miles, 36 hours. Easy Peasy. ;)

A BB1500 can be accomplished during daylight conditions.

Start at 0800, ride 750 miles over the next 12 hours, stopping at 2000 (62.5 mph avg).
Stop for 12 hours.
Start at 0800 the next day, ride the second 750 miles over the next 12 hours.

1,500 miles, 36 hours. Easy Peasy. ;)
Yep, but that would not get me the SS1000 too.
Starting the think maybe I have a chance to make the BB1500 Gold, but spending time with my Mom in Arlington will probably nix that.
Guess I will see how it goes.
I feel better about getting the BB1500 done with your suggestion.