Riding to and around Poland -

Hi all,

this summer I'm riding from UK to Poland to visit a number of former extermination/concentration camps. I'm military and have been across most of Europe but never Poland. The return journey is 2800 miles over 10 - 12 days. I'm planning on camping too so if anyone has any advice:

Riding in Poland - do's don'ts - 'unique' laws/customs I should be aware of
Camping - any recommended sites and again - do's and don'ts
Kit - essential or otherwise

I'm giving my camping gear a run-out over the RBLR1000 at Squires in June so no doubt I'll learn a few things but best bet is knowledge already learnt. Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Poland is a good place to ride. I would advise keeping up with traffic rather than sticking rigidly to speed limits.
Camping. There are plenty of places. Best one I visited was in hotel grounds with a lovely breakfast. Just look for tent sign or if weather bad look for zimmer or bed logo.
Rooms in cafes etc are not much dearer than camping.
Auschwitz is a spooky place. Very quiet and moving but everyone should go once.

Poland is a good place to ride. I would advise keeping up with traffic rather than sticking rigidly to speed limits.
Camping. There are plenty of places. Best one I visited was in hotel grounds with a lovely breakfast. Just look for tent sign or if weather bad look for zimmer or bed logo.
Rooms in cafes etc are not much dearer than camping.
Auschwitz is a spooky place. Very quiet and moving but everyone should go once.
Hi Phil, I've done Auschwitz quite a few times and all the main German/Austria ones - but never got to the extermination camps in eastern Poland: Treblinka, Sobibor etc. I'm tying these-in with a 'retreat' to Zingst on the Baltic Coast (for work!). I appreciate the information. Many thanks.