Route 66

Like kwthom said, there is no longer a contiguous Route 66 that exists.

Here's a gpx file of route 66 including some different alignments that have been modified over the years.
I plan to do it from Springfield MO to Chicago IL on my way back from the Ozark mountains next summer.
AWESOME!! I've been looking all over for a GPX file. It doesn't matter to me that it's not contiguous but this will keep me in the vacinity of the old route. THANK YOU!

If my memory serves me correctly Eaglerider motorcycle rental company had a guided tour termed “Route 66”. Seems like it was at least 10 days in length starting in Chicago and ending in Arizona. Seems I read it was popular with European neighbors to experience.
That company could be a source of route they took and sights they planned to visit.

Tele

Premier Member
If my memory serves me correctly Eaglerider motorcycle rental company had a guided tour termed “Route 66”. Seems like it was at least 10 days in length starting in Chicago and ending in Arizona. Seems I read it was popular with European neighbors to experience.
That company could be a source of route they took and sights they planned to visit.
I travelled from Australia a few years back to join an Eagle Rider "Route 66" fully guided tour. About 20 bikes on the trip with riders from Australia, Germany, UK, Brazil and Switzerland. The guide (Richard) had the visit sites down-pat and because of his frequent trips, we were treated as "VIP's" when arriving at the various locations. He didn't waste time with the poorer quality sites, focussed on the bigger ticket items and those areas more indicative of the history of R66. It was definitely a tourist-trail type thing and in no way related to any IBA style endeavour. Sometimes you just need to smell the roses. Their website has day-by-day highlights of their R66 tours if anyone wants to plot a course.