Routing question - basecamp lat/lon into google maps?

I'm a routing newbie and I need help! I'm OK with basecamp. And I'm OK with google. But I'm stuck trying to bring my basecamp route into Google Maps for comparison.
I've created the route in basecamp, and I can send this to my GPS. All good there. But it's made up of rally waypoints that use latitude/longitude, not physical addresses.

I get stuck when I try to see the same route in google maps, so I can compare directions and hopefully make up some time. Google isn't consistent in the way it's importing the latitude/longitude locations, so the waypoints are in the wrong locations. I tried converting to kml too. Google seems to be translating the waypoints into physical addresses that are in all the wrong places. Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

I've searched and searched and watched videos and I'm stuck. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Ed.

Premier Member
Can you export to a KML/kmz and suck that into google? I know you can load that into google earth (obviously), but not sure about maps...

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Not at spot where I can try it but I think I have exported from base camp to a CSV and then imported them into Google "MyMaps" KML/KMZ should work also. I don't put routes into Google just the waypoints and navigate point to point. My routes are in a GPS.

meagvg

Premier Member
To get the data into Google My Maps:
Basecamp -> highlight the route -> Menu Bar -> File -> "export selected user data" -> GPX 1.1
My Maps new layer -> "import" exported GPX

Thanks
OK so I can get the route into Google MyMaps, but there doesn't appear to be a way to turn that into actual driving directions.
Basecamp had given some pretty funky directions between waypoints so I wanted to confirm with Google maps without having to put each location in one by one.