RT/GS rack extension

garr2
Premium Member

Joined Feb 27, 2010
305 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 2 h ago
A friend (motorcyclist, retired, engineering background) has designed and fabricated what I would describe as a rack extension for the rack of 2014-20 RT/GS and any other BMW that shares that OEM rack. He is wondering whether to make more or finish up after the 4 he has made and sold to friends. He currently has his last one advertised for sale on an Australian community notice board web site. Here.
All up (rack + freight to say California USA) the American dollar price for this last one (?) would be around US$235.
He says that if there was enough interest he would take this on as a retirement hobby though the price would have to go up to closer to US$400 (rack + US freight) for him to get a fair return on his 6 hours of labour & materials.
I have no financial interest in this venture and I’ve already got my rack extension at a very good (some would say exploitative) price. Anyone interested have a look and take it from there.

Ian
Attachments

SeabeeCapt

Premier Member
Garr,
Can he make just the Seat mount for 2014 RTs something like Pete used to make? Can he get ahold of Pete for the specifics?
Robert

8E26D598-3AA3-4149-840F-64968D54F808.png