RTE Calais including Dambusters SS1000 ride Saturday 23rd March 2019 01:45 departure.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Just had a look at patch, mmmm design error Lancaster Bombers had 4 bladed props not 3 lol
Is the Shop keeper doing a Tee shirt for this??????????
Obviously it’s flying which means the propellers are rotating, or it would not be flying if they were stationary, and the three apparent ‘blades’ are in fact an artistic tactic to depict said rotation.

Pedantic git!

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Okay if we're going to be picky, I wasn't going to say anything but....being a product designer and symmetry is paramount, could I be so bold as to suggest that props 2 & 4 from left to right (sitting in the pilots seat) be a bit more even in spacing...oh boy here comes the abuse, come on I'm ready, apologies if I've offended Gordon and Dave's hard work...it is very much appreciated.
85 x 65 is a big patch, and I don't want it to always bug me!! I'm only a partial OCD'ist !!

View attachment 2900
The engine spacing is a trick to give the impression it is banking away from you.

Pedantic git number 2!

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
This ride makes no sense - its the wrong time of year, its a full moon, the AA will be terrible......

Hotels booked and registration fee sent :D
Don't forget the Me 109s; although we shouldn't encounter too many Me110s, by the time we get over there..

John ZRX

Evenin' All,

I think I've got the bug. Can you add me to the muster please. I've sent my registration payment and managed to book hotels and crossings (didn't need to specify which bike) this evening. I've opted for a return crossing at 1350 French time Sunday. Do you think that will fit in with what's planned in Calais Sat/Sunday?

Aitch

Evenin' All,

I think I've got the bug. Can you add me to the muster please. I've sent my registration payment and managed to book hotels and crossings (didn't need to specify which bike) this evening. I've opted for a return crossing at 1350 French time Sunday. Do you think that will fit in with what's planned in Calais Sat/Sunday?
You have a two hour flexible window either side of your 1350 crossing time without any extra charge so I'm sure you will be fine. I'm booked on the 9.50 (I have a 300 mile trip home and what to get past London before traffic builds up....)

John ZRX

You have a two hour flexible window either side of your 1350 crossing time without any extra charge so I'm sure you will be fine. I'm booked on the 9.50 (I have a 300 mile trip home and what to get past London before traffic builds up....)
Thanks for that. I have a couple of hundred miles due west from Folkstone but I do like my lie in.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Came back from a recent ride. Booked on the 18:50. £27 to change to the 14:15. :mad:Declined. Travelled on the 13:20 :D