RTE Calais including Dambusters SS1000 ride Saturday 23rd March 2019 01:45 departure.

Right thats everything booked now, Staying with family in Lincoln on the friday night and Ibis styles on he saturday night. I am a little concerned about the parking on the saturday.Looking forward to this trip and meeting you all

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Right thats everything booked now, Staying with family in Lincoln on the friday night and Ibis styles on he saturday night. I am a little concerned about the parking on the saturday.Looking forward to this trip and meeting you all
Parking at the Ibis is a secure compound with camera entry (look at pics of site on this Sat rte in Calais)

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
How about meeting outside the Dambusters Pub in the village instead?
The muster point is The Premier Inn at Scunthorpe. 1st photopoint for a group photo will be outside Scampton, exact details will follow nearer the date. All crew then to make own way to tunnel and target areas. Specific receipt locations will follow as will photo instructions.
Any one who gets shot at Scampton :eek: will be declared DNF :(

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
For those that wish to join us for the debrief at Calais :p I have created a section for Ground Crew.

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Guy Gibsons Grave location.

Location Information
Steenbergen en Kruisland RCC is located 44 kilometres north of Antwerp and 24 kilometres after crossing the border of Belgium into the Netherlands. From the St Gumanuskerk in the centre of Steenbergen go to the far end of the Markt and turn left into Grote Kerkstraat. After 150 metres this leads into the Kerkplein. Follow the road through the Kerkplein leaving it at the other side into Kruispoort. Continue approximately 0.5 kilometres and the Communal Cemetery is on the right hand side. The two headstones are situated on the left side of the first avenue from the entrance. Guy Gibson Grave.JPG

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Or you could just go here..... 51.5882997,4.3280578, this works in Basecamp or Google Maps.
Gordon, is there a reason you want us to go through the Village according to your directions, which were a bit convoluted, to say the least! :rolleyes:
Yellow route seems easy peasy, after all, we are on the clock!

1545035324161.png

1545034936321.png

1545035091931.png

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Its from the Commonwealth Graves Commission site. I will use the short route from the Total petrol station to the Graveyard.:)

Its the directions inside the cemetery that are important.

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Official receipt points (petrol stations) for the route have been pre-verified. As with all good planning shortest route is

Wait for it.......

1000 miles

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Could anyone signed up for the ride PM me with their email address and I will send them the GPX file. The fuel stops/receipt locations shown comply with IBA UK requirements for verification. If you only stop at the locations shown and obtain a suitable receipts, within 24 hours, you should successfully complete the ride. Some riders may need additional fuel stops. Having the GPX file early will allow you to plan and insert these additional fuel stops.

Last edited:
In case this is helpful, when you get to the cemetery, you can use either of the 2 entrances off the main road. Look out for a circular white `Disney` style turret (mausoleum) with a grey slate roof, approx. 20 feet high. It`s not far in, Gibson`s grave is about 10 yards along the path from there.
Cheers,
Bob

John ZRX

Could anyone signed up for the ride PM me with their email address and I will send them the GPX file. The fuel stops/receipt locations shown comply with IBA UK requirements for verification. If you only stop at the locations shown and obtain a suitable receipts, within 24 hours, you should successfully complete the ride. Some riders may need additional fuel stops. Having the GPX file early will allow you to plan and insert these additional fuel stops.
Sorry - Not familiar with how this forum works. Not keen on broadcasting email address to general public by using wrong function. Can't see a PM facility, is it the "Start Conversation" ? Thanks, John