RTE Calais including Dambusters SS1000 ride Saturday 23rd March 2019 01:45 departure.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Am I the only one who thinks that leaving Scampton at 0240 makes for a tight run for anyone wanting the 0620 chunnel? I'm going to need a rapid fuel stop as well.

Martex

No, me too Bob. I'm bringing a newbie along, and I've told her to practice her fuel stops.
With the roadworks on the M20 its going to be tight for us.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
No your not...05:51 at Chunnel (DB02) according to BC, and that's not taking into account 50 zones on M20 or stop at Scrampton

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
You worry too much. :rolleyes: Its all fluid :p No plan survives first contact :eek:.

Updates will follow :) and then there's the rider briefing......o_O

Last edited:
I live just off the A14 so I can keep a look out but it’s worth keeping an eye on this page, just in case there’s a full weekend closure, there have been a couple as new bridges go in... https://www.scambs.gov.uk/community/transport/a14-road-closures-updated-weekly/

For those who can’t make Scunthorpe (assuming all will take off, with full tanks) to the Chunnel in one hit there is a Shell station at Fenstanton (PE28 9HY) it’s always been expensive but it’s right on the road side and they have a toilet. its about 1/2 way ish... After this there’s a Tesco at Bar Hill but with the road works it’s a pain to get too south bound. After this, there are no more fuel stops until Stansted or just off junction 7 (A414 in to Harlow).

Sorry folks but I am going to have to withdraw from this one . I have been hit with the bike needing some money spent on it and the family want some more money spent on it and the wallet is empty!

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Sorry folks but I am going to have to withdraw from this one . I have been hit with the bike needing some money spent on it and the family want some more money spent on it and the wallet is empty!
Sorry you can't make it. You will be missed.:(

Lynn O'Kane

Could all participants PM me with the name they use on their certificates and make/model/registration of the bike they propose to use (Can be changed later) so that I can prepare the necessary spread sheet.

Eight weeks :eek: and we'll be on our way home:D

Thanks
Oops Sorry hit the wrong button

Last edited:

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
T-Shirts are available for participants to order. If you add shirt size and how many to your details PM you sent me I can compile an order list.

Cost is £15 a shirt. Hopefully if we can get the order in they will be ready for the ride. Sizes same as for the Armistice T-Shirt.

Suppliers mock up image of the proposed T-Shirt below.

T                                        shirt mock up.JPG
Sorry but the T-Shirt is available to participants only.

Last edited:

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Unfortunately No 6/17 date option. Because of ride restrictions it will be a one off ride..... :(