RTE Calais including Dambusters SS1000 ride Saturday 23rd March 2019 01:45 departure.

having lost most of everything when my computer died I am now playing catchup. Please can i order a couple of the small stckers for the bike. Also I am staying in lincoln with family on the friday night . can i have details of the briefing location please. also can i have a resend of the route information
Many thanks

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
having lost most of everything when my computer died I am now playing catchup. Please, can I order a couple of the small stickers for the bike? Also, I am staying in Lincoln with family on Friday night. can I have details of the briefing location please. also can I have a resend of the route information
Many thanks
Hi Irritable, there are no stickers that I know of other than the one's Jon, Gordon and I have ordered...on that note, I've ordered extra's (6X) in Black, White and Silver which will be available for a those who complete. Images are in the previous post's. Sorry, but it's a first come first served, so be nice to me! I'm the old grey fecker on a blue tractor!

Ian M

i were just lookin at route using gpx file

at unna it goes up the 1 then along 2 then down 42 to get onto 40 is that correct or is my software not reading it right?

or is that just to get miles in, as plotting co ordinates on their own suggest you just carry on at unna along 40

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Ian

The route between the receipt points can be any route you wish to take. The same mapping software will give different routes for different users between the same receipt locations depending on your preferences. (Avoid toll roads, U-Turns etc).

The route has been verified at its shortest to be 1000 miles using the following mandatory locations/receipts, to be visited in this order.

DB00 Scunthorpe , signed out. No receipt required.

DB02 Check in at Eurotunnel. Keep your hanger as it is your receipt for the tunnel stop.

DB04 Receipt required from Total Fuel Station. To be presented at debrief.

DB06 Fuel Receipt required from Wesfalen Fuel Station (prior to run on Dams) To be presented at debrief

DB10 Fuel Receipt required from Aral Fuel Station (on completion of run on Dams) To be presented at debrief

DB11 Fuel Receipt required from Total Fuel Station on completion of mission Can be replaced with receipt from ATM or Bar in High Street by Ibis Styles. To be presented at debrief

There are five additional photo locations that are to be visited and bike + flag to be photographed.
Scampton
Guy Gibsons Grave
The three Dams.

These receipts and photos will fulfil the distance and specific location requirements for the Dambusters ride.:)

Completed within 24 hours it becomes the Dambuster's SS1000.:D

Which route you choose between the locations is up to you. Be aware that your satnav has its own protocols for route planning and may plan a different route between the locations than your mapping software did. :eek: This can be avoided by inserting additional waypoints in the route to try and encourage the satnav to follow the route you have chosen. :rolleyes:

Hope this assists.:)

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher

Aitch

In preparation for the run - here is my list of the main roads using basecamp and the route Gordon sent (in case anyone finds it of use). I like to have a vague idea where I'm going instead of blindly following the satnav......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calais E40 towards Dunkirk

Remain on E40 until N44 turn off North towards Maldegem

At Maldegem take E34 towards Antwerp

Outskirts of Antwerp turn onto R2

Leads onto A12 then A4

Leads to Steenbergen

DB04 AND DB05 Receipt and Photo at Steenbergen

Steenbergen head North N259 to join A4

A4 onto A59

A59 onto A17

A17 onto A16 south

A16 onto A58 east

A58 onto N2 South (Eindhoven)

A67 East at Eindhoven

A67 leads onto A40

A40 onto A45

A45 onto A1 North

A1 onto A44

A44 for a long time then onto A49

DB06 Fuel receipt Westfalen L3383

L3383 upto Edersee

DB07 Edersee dam photo

Edersee L3086

Onto K30 then K52

K52 leads onto K55

then L617 leads onto L872

Leads onto B480

Onto B7 then A46

A46 onto L686

DB08 To Sorpesee (photo)

North on B229 to Neihem and Mohnesee

DB09 Photo at Mohnesee

DB10 Back to Neihem Aral station for receipt

North on A445

Join A44 west

Then A1 for serveral miles onto A45 north

Then A40 west onto A67

A67 onto E34

E34 towards Antwerp

Head for E17 towards Ghent

At Ghent E40 to Calais

DB11 receipt required in Calais

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I presume if we cannot get the bike in the photo a photo of flag and location will suffice ?

Did you want to do any paperwork at the Premier Inn the night before and if so what time do you want us to be there for?

Last edited:

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
In preparation for the run - here is my list of the main roads using basecamp and the route Gordon sent (in case anyone finds it of use). I like to have a vague idea where I'm going instead of blindly following the satnav......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calais E40 towards Dunkirk

Remain on E40 until N44 turn off North towards Maldegem

At Maldegem take E34 towards Antwerp

Outskirts of Antwerp turn onto R2

Leads onto A12 then A4

Leads to Steenbergen

DB04 AND DB05 Receipt and Photo at Steenbergen

Steenbergen head North N259 to join A4

A4 onto A59

A59 onto A17

A17 onto A16 south

A16 onto A58 east

A58 onto N2 South (Eindhoven)

A67 East at Eindhoven

A67 leads onto A40

A40 onto A45

A45 onto A1 North

A1 onto A44

A44 for a long time then onto A49

DB06 Fuel receipt Westfalen L3383

L3383 upto Edersee

DB07 Edersee dam photo

Edersee L3086

Onto K30 then K52

K52 leads onto K55

then L617 leads onto L872

Leads onto B480

Onto B7 then A46

A46 onto L686

DB08 To Sorpesee (photo)

North on B229 to Neihem and Mohnesee

DB09 Photo at Mohnesee

DB10 Back to Neihem Aral station for receipt

North on A445

Join A44 west

Then A1 for serveral miles onto A45 north

Then A40 west onto A67

A67 onto E34

E34 towards Antwerp

Head for E17 towards Ghent

At Ghent E40 to Calais

DB11 receipt required in Calais

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I presume if we cannot get the bike in the photo a photo of flag and location will suffice ?

Did you want to do any paperwork at the Premier Inn the night before and if so what time do you want us to be there for?
I keep my zumos on map view (north up) . I set one zoomed in to see turns and one zoomed out to see towns. They also show time and distance to end and to next waypoint. I laminated the waypoints and requirements and tape it inside my screen
So I always know where I am and how close I am to predicted times
Another good tip is bluetack on your odo to stick receipt and take a pics of receipts with odo .

It looks like the bike will get in photos ok except maybe Guy Gibson's grave

Ian M

Ian

The route between the receipt points can be any route you wish to take. The same mapping software will give different routes for different users between the same receipt locations depending on your preferences. (Avoid toll roads, U-Turns etc).

The route has been verified at its shortest to be 1000 miles using the following mandatory locations/receipts, to be visited in this order.

DB00 Scunthorpe , signed out. No receipt required.

DB02 Check in at Eurotunnel. Keep your hanger as it is your receipt for the tunnel stop.

DB04 Receipt required from Total Fuel Station. To be presented at debrief.

DB06 Fuel Receipt required from Wesfalen Fuel Station (prior to run on Dams) To be presented at debrief

DB10 Fuel Receipt required from Aral Fuel Station (on completion of run on Dams) To be presented at debrief

DB11 Fuel Receipt required from Total Fuel Station on completion of mission Can be replaced with receipt from ATM or Bar in High Street by Ibis Styles. To be presented at debrief

There are five additional photo locations that are to be visited and bike + flag to be photographed.
Scampton
Guy Gibsons Grave
The three Dams.

These receipts and photos will fulfil the distance and specific location requirements for the Dambusters ride.:)

Completed within 24 hours it becomes the Dambuster's SS1000.:D

Which route you choose between the locations is up to you. Be aware that your satnav has its own protocols for route planning and may plan a different route between the locations than your mapping software did. :eek: This can be avoided by inserting additional waypoints in the route to try and encourage the satnav to follow the route you have chosen. :rolleyes:

Hope this assists.:)

thanks i think its tom tom reading it diifernt to bing, google and others

Trip mileage/time starts at Scunthorpe. Full details will follow.

You will need to be checked in (mileage & flags), refuelled and ready to leave Scunny at 0200, Saturday. If you have to ride to the start it will increase the length of your day on Saturday.

I will be running up on Friday to have an early night, after refuelling. I anticipate being tucked up by about 19.30 as I'll have to be up at about 01.30 to ensure I'm ready to depart at 0200. Saturday could be a long day (debrief in Calais). It will also help with departure times on Saturday morning if we can sort some paperwork on Friday night (mileage and flags). I will send out the route/waypoints (GPX) before the run so they can be loaded into satnavs and any additional refuel points can be added/planned. I will also send a copy of the instructions/rules for the ride.

Volunteers List (40 Patches plus reserves) 35 so far.......

Pilots

First Flight

1) GSears .....CONFIRMED ......route sent https://spotwalla.com/embed.php?id=1c7895c4d9f7118c65&scale=on&zoom=default&refresh=no
2) saphena ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
3) Lynn O'Kane ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
4) Jonnyp ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
5) Sean ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
6) GraemeandSally ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
7) Kim Leeson ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
8) Bobbyc ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
9) Colin ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent

Second Flight.

1) FazerPhil ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1cf425c8eb19ac5b8b
2) Peter Perfect ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
3) Wully..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
4) Shantygod
5) Safari Ferg ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent

Third Flight.

1) Howard ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
2) Daz nes ..............................CONFIRMED
3) Bob M ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
4) Ziggy
5) Aitch ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent

Flight Engineers

First Flight.

1) Splitter 142 ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
2) John ZRX ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
3) Irritable O ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
4)~Martin~ ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
5) ChrisM...................................................................................route sent
6) GraemeandSally ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
7) Ian M ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
8) Wilfred G. Nome ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
9) Martex..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent

Second Flight.

1) Rob ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
2) Zoe ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
3) madmac ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
4) Denise ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
5) Johannes Old

Third Flight.

1)Les Johnson ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
2)Ian Churm ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
3)James Gilchrist ..............................CONFIRMED..................route sent
4)
5)

Navigators.

First Flight,

1)
2)
3)

Tail Gunners (Reserves List).

1)
2)
3)

Ground Crew

1) Foster ..............................CONFIRMED
2) Joy ..............................CONFIRMED
3) JON12A

Grounded :(

Andy Brown
JON12A

APRES MOI LE DELUGE 617 Squadron
Thinking about the family bar....
Hi, just flicking through the thread, to make sure I've not missed anything (like ride cocumentation paperwork :eek:) and noticed I'm not listed as confirmed. Sorry if I didn't confirm but I'd like to confirm now just in case and be sure that my confirmation is confirmed! :) I will be there by hook or by crook.
This is the time now that my nerves start kicking in and I end up checking and double checking that I've double checked everything.

Aitch

Assuming the worst - and the car park at the back of the Ibis is full by the time I get there - whats the street parking like? is there a charge for the car park?

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Car park is free as long as you don't take a car space. Otherwise several bikes can share a space and split the cost.