RTE Calais including Dambusters SS1000 ride Saturday 23rd March 2019 01:45 departure.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
So when/where is the RTE part of this, Calais Saturday night/Sunday lunch? or Scunthorpe Friday evening?

Are you proposing that we do the entire route as a group ride, 2nd man drop-off & all?
Bob
Meet at Scunthorpe. Regroup at Scampton for launch photo. Visit individually (or however you want to ride) the targets/destinations and receipt points.
Land at Calais for meal and debrief (RTE) in Family Bar and possibly secondary locations.

Last edited:

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Any sort of times route wise?
is the Debrief in the Family bar?
Provisional time's in description at top. Should all be back by about 21:30 depending on riding style.
Uk side 3:30 hours riding time, 231 miles.
Enemy territory 12:30 riding time, 834 miles.

Last edited:

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hotel Scunny booked only £36.00 at the moment but not flex booked.

Ibis Styles Calais £60.00 booked

Last edited:
Volunteers List

First Flight

1) GSears . provisional
2) saphena (everything, even living that long, is provisional)
3) Lynn O'Kane
4) Jonnyp
5) Sean
6) GraemeandSally
7) Kim Leeson
8) JON12A
9)

Second Flight.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Third Flight.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

APRES MOI LE DELUGE 617 Squadron
Thinking about the family bar....

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
Bollocks - should have checked the calendar first - I’m flying to La Plagne on 23rd.
Bugger.
Perhaps you can make it annual or arrange a second running on the actual anniversary which is May 17th - I know it’s a Friday but some of us might not be working.

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Bollocks - should have checked the calendar first - I’m flying to La Plagne on 23rd.
Bugger.
Perhaps you can make it annual or arrange a second running on the actual anniversary which is May 17th - I know it’s a Friday but some of us might not be working.
Ride down......
Concern for later in year is any additional checks that may be put in place and delays this may cause at Tunnel.

Last edited:

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
Not with skis, boots etc.
As you know too well Mr Sears: sometimes you need to go on holiday with your wife!

Aitch

straight down A1, A14, M11 keep off the M1
Could be slow going UK side. Went to Calais from North Yorkshire last weekend (and this weekend) along most of the UK route suggested. Major road works on the A14 with maybe a 20 mile stretch limited to 40mph (average speed cameras) and half the M20 down to 50mph (and overnight closures) as they upgrade it to a "smart" motorway/truck car park. If they are still there in March maybe better off using M2/A2 instead

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Aitch

Thanks for the heads up, will monitor route and advise suggested route at briefing prior to run. Hopefully time of run will help with traffic volume.

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
I will be heading that way this week on my armistice Ride either to Dover and staying in Uk or crossing to France it be a early morning ride so can test traffic for March