RTE Calais including Dambusters SS1000 ride Saturday 23rd March 2019 01:45 departure.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
...and we have a winner for 'Pedantic Git No. 3' (PG3)...Welcome to the club, I'm No. 2...now lets wait for Dave to make the official announcement...LMAO

PS. The Patch is Gorgeous, I actually like the personal touches now, one of a kind ;)

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Patches will be issued when ride successfully completed/verified.

Ride flags will be issued prior to ride for inclusion in Dam photos.

:)

Peter Perfect

From original post...
"Much talked about since Calais last Christmas. Trip flags issued at Hotel. 02:00 hrs Run from Scunthorpe Premier inn (suggest a room here for Friday 22) to Scampton 02:30 (group photo) Then to Eurotunnel( 06:20 train). Across to Ruhr valley via vicinity of Rotterdam. Individual photos in front of dams. Then back to Calais for debrief after run."

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Trip mileage/time starts at Scunthorpe. Full details will follow.

Provisionally - you will need to be checked in (mileage & flags), refuelled and ready to leave Scunny at 0200, Saturday. If you have to ride to the start it will increase the length of your day on Saturday.

I will be running up on Friday to have an early night, after refuelling. I anticipate being tucked up by about 19.30 as I'll have to be up at about 01.30 to ensure I'm ready to depart at 0200. Saturday could be a long day (debrief in Calais). It will also help with departure times on Saturday morning if we can sort some paperwork on Friday night (mileage and flags). I will send out the route/waypoints (GPX) before the run so they can be loaded into satnavs and any additional refuel points can be added/planned. I will also send a copy of the instructions/rules for the ride.

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Trip mileage/time starts at Scunthorpe. Full details will follow.

Provisionally - you will need to be checked in (mileage & flags), refuelled and ready to leave Scunny at 0200, Saturday. If you have to ride to the start it will increase the length of your day on Saturday.

I will be running up on Friday to have an early night, after refuelling. I anticipate being tucked up by about 19.30 as I'll have to be up at about 01.30 to ensure I'm ready to depart at 0200. Saturday could be a long day (debrief in Calais). It will also help with departure times on Saturday morning if we can sort some paperwork on Friday night (mileage and flags). I will send out the route/waypoints (GPX) before the run so they can be loaded into satnavs and any additional refuel points can be added/planned. I will also send a copy of the instructions/rules for the ride.
tucked up in the bar??????????

Sean

Premier Member
Likewise, I only live about 15 Miles from the Hotel but at that price, rather than disturb the Neighbours, I’ve booked too.