RTE Saturday 24th March The Twice Brewed Inn Bardon Mill

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
[QUOTE Has anyone organized the weather for next W/E?][/QUOTE]

Ere int North if its cold and snowing wi just put us big coats on !

Last edited:

JON12A

Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks guys I think I have everyone's meal orders , now I'm just trying to get group discount for the Roman Vindaloo tour I will keep you informed.
Just a reminder that I have booked most of the rooms for this event myself and must let the Landlord know who's coming no later than Wednesday night.
As I booked through Booking.com anyone not coming along after that deadline will be asked to pay for his/her room, just so you know !.
Should be a great weekend .!!!!!

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Looks like you're slipping it in between The Beast from the East 2 :eek: and the third part of the Trilogy :eek::eek: (Fools Gold weekend)

JON12A

Premier Member
IBA Member
Looks like you're slipping it in between The Beast from the East 2 :eek: and the third part of the Trilogy :eek::eek: (Fools Gold weekend)
Careful planning and hours spent scanning meteorological reports !

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
Great RTE good to see everybody plus a few new faces which is always good.
hope all that are stay have a great night I know you will.
Thanks John for calling this RTE you did well obviously you have learnt off me over the years.

Sleekit Fkr

My first RTE, thanks to all there who were most welcoming to a "noob". Some great advice was gleaned from the mass of experience in the room and at my table.

My personal highlight was the cries of, "Two soups, two soups!" coming from across the table that seemed to fall on deaf ears, I was in stitches

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Good RTE had a cracking ride up and finally arrived home in the recovery wagon about 5pm the final drive spat all the oil out and died luckily I stopped before it seized.
Went for the rear brake nothing happening stopped to check it oil all over the tyre and disc, the iron butt guardian angel was looking after me today.
Might do the lottery on Wednesday

Good RTE had a cracking ride up and finally arrived home in the recovery wagon about 5pm the final drive spat all the oil out and died luckily I stopped before it seized.
Went for the rear brake nothing happening stopped to check it oil all over the tyre and disc, the iron butt guardian angel was looking after me today.
Might do the lottery on Wednesday
Sorry to hear this John, glad you're Ok.
I had a final drive failure on my RT last year on a ride. First sign was like you, no rear brake.

I've a good relationship with my dealer and they replaced the rear axle, and replaced the pads and disc and put a new Pilot Road 4 on the rear under the warranty.
The crown bearing had failed and shredded the seals.

I'm told you can suffer a failure at any time and at any mileage even with proper maintenence and final drive oil changes, but this does give you redress when you do come to claim.

Having said that I've had 5 BMW shaft driven bikes, one belt driven and I'm now on my second chain driven one. Must have done a quarter million miles on the shafties and this was the first failure so was due one I suppose.

Good RTE enjoyed the meet up. Thanks Jon for organising it and see you soon.

Last edited:

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
About 48K is the life of a final drive, I spoke to a guy on the UKGS website who repairs them it's about £400
BMW are only interested in replacing them for about £1200 so have guess where I am going.

JON12A

Premier Member
IBA Member
About 48K is the life of a final drive, I spoke to a guy on the UKGS website who repairs them it's about £400
BMW are only interested in replacing them for about £1200 so have guess where I am going.
John Is there any indication as to how long the repair/ refirb lasts ?

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
I'll let you know and post details, check the underside of the FD for oil leak when the main bearing and other components start to break up the metal bits damage the oil seals.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
John Is there any indication as to how long the repair/ refirb lasts ?
Took the FD in today Rebuild £400 + VAT turn around in a week, to put that in to perspective phone BMW and ask how much for a replacement FD:eek:
Mike
Overland & classic
Hall Farm
1 Main st
Holwell
Melton Mowbray
LE144SZ
07786 340692