SA Border to Border

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Heading to the Border Run again this year, I thought I would do a big day for at least one of the two days minimum needed to get there from home.
I had a plan that I'd hatched a couple of years ago, so this was the time to get it done, as an SS1600.
So Thursday was a transport leg from Geelong to Bordertown SA. A bit of chinese for tea and then a few hours sleep. Up and going at 10.30 pm (SA time) with a receipt from the BP24 servo.
To go directly to the BR would mean I came up a little short for my 1600, so first it was down to Naracoorte, then up to Keith, then it was all straight through.
A good run along the Dukes Hwy, bloody cold through the Adelaide Hills, skirt the city and up the Augusta Hwy.
The sun came up as I passed through Crystal Brook. Just very cold all night, the temp sitting in low single figures.

My brand new purchase of heated socks were awesome!
A quick power nap in Pt Wakefield just to freshen up. Into Port Augusta Puma 24 servo for brekky but alas - they were renovating!
So it was Maccas for a McCrap burger and coffee and off again.
With only stops for fuel, urine, and a snack or two, I made very good time. Stopped for a couple of photos on the Nullarbor.
The skies are ever changing out here - and never disappoint!

The sun was getting low and I rolled into Border Village on sunset, 6.30 pm Central time.

Said hi to Rooey, then the other riders and friends who, like me this year, got there a day early to get a day off.

Bordertown to Border Village SA
Distance: 1739km
Time: 20 hours
(Cert to come)

Last edited:

Ed.

Premier Member
Onya Nico. Unfortunately I was out of the country for the BR this year, Will have to try harder next year. How were there numbers there?

Fatman

Nice riding for the SS1600 Nico and was good to catch up with you at the Border. Enjoy your ride home wherever you may be.