Saddle sore ride

Finished the saddle sore ride and bun burner ride the last part of May 21. Sent in paper work which they received 1 Jul 21. I have heard nothing back or anything. I know they say it can take up to 3 months. I'm OK with that. But it will be soon 3 1/2 months. I have tried several times to e-mail them, all to no avail. How do I get ahold of them to see if they are even working on this. The least they could do is answer, Jerry [email protected]

Last edited:

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
I understand the IBA has been very busy this riding season for various reasons. I organized 3 group rides this season ( one in Late May & two in the first part of July ) and I just heard from the IBA the certs will be printed next week and mailed out a few days later. Usually in years past, it would take about a month, but many things have changed since COVID.

So, my friendly suggestion would be to give the IBA some extra time and try and be patient for awhile longer. For what it's worth I understand your concern.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
How do I get ahold of them to see if they are even working on this. The least they could do is answer, Jerry [email protected]
PM via this forum often has better results than email. @Ira to the white courtesy phone please. Keep in mind that process times vary widely, dependent on many different factors and how backed up the verification team is that has your cert application in their pile. It's not uncommon to have it take over 16 weeks.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Finished the saddle sore ride and bun burner ride the last part of May 21. Sent in paper work which they received 1 Jul 21. I have heard nothing back or anything. I know they say it can take up to 3 months. I'm OK with that. But it will be soon 3 1/2 months. I have tried several times to e-mail them, all to no avail. How do I get ahold of them to see if they are even working on this. The least they could do is answer, Jerry [email protected]
I don't know who you were emailing, but it wasn't me.

That said, right now it can take 14-16 weeks for us to complete a verification. Because of the very large volume of mail we receive, I'm afraid we can't confirm receipt nor provide specific status.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

I don't know who you were emailing, but it wasn't me.

That said, right now it can take 14-16 weeks for us to complete a verification. Because of the very large volume of mail we receive, I'm afraid we can't confirm receipt nor provide specific status.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Understand, I know you are very busy and wasn't putting anyone down. Was getting a little bit of hurry thats all. I am sorry.