Saddlesore attempt - 2 route

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Easy peasy! That's a nice out-and-back, and there's not a ton that'll complicate things on this section of I-5; I haaaaate I-5 north of Eugene and south of Sac, so you're in my own personal "sweet spot". Depending on what time you leave, you'll be doing the mountainy bits around Shasta and southern Oregon in daylight, so that's no sweat; I've gotten caught in some snow squalls between Yreka and Ashland on more than one occassion during early spring/late fall, but you should be clear of that. Plenty of gas, although there's some stretches between Grants Pass and Cottage Grove that _feel_ pretty remote. Great food options along the way, too! Watch out for deer and elk, and you should have an easy ride!

TomMcD

Naufal, nothing wrong with that route this time of year.

Couple suggestions, plan your route from your starting gas station, with known accurate and complete receipt at the pump. Check the Arco on the corner, or the 76 right by 680. The 76 has the advantage you don't need to make a left turn or U turn to get on the 680. At your turn around point, I'd suggest Cottage Grove, Exit 174 rather than going all the way in to Eugene. You have lots of food and fuel options to take a breather and stretch your legs. This also avoids positing what is possibly your home address on the internet.

Suggested modification. https://goo.gl/maps/MiyUMDLxe3q9Rc8MA

Hello riders,

Planning to attempt for SS100 next week. The route i am planning to take is

San francisco - Eugene (OR) - San francisco

SFO - Redding - Mt Shasta - Grants pass - Eugene and back to SFO

Route is

*link redacted*

Any feedback or comments from someone who been this route, appreciated,

Bike is HD Street Glide

Naufal, nothing wrong with that route this time of year.

Couple suggestions, plan your route from your starting gas station, with known accurate and complete receipt at the pump. Check the Arco on the corner, or the 76 right by 680. The 76 has the advantage you don't need to make a left turn or U turn to get on the 680. At your turn around point, I'd suggest Cottage Grove, Exit 174 rather than going all the way in to Eugene. You have lots of food and fuel options to take a breather and stretch your legs. This also avoids positing what is possibly your home address on the internet.

Suggested modification. https://goo.gl/maps/MiyUMDLxe3q9Rc8MA

Thanks so much. I edited my map :)