SaddleSour on Scooter

AregG

I did the SaddleSour 1000 back in 2001 on a BMW R1200C.
I am thinking taking the challenge again but this time on a BMW C400GT scooter.
Although not a motorcycle as such I assume it should be in order.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@AregG - I've done it on a sub 300cc scooter, but not on a Maxi scooter. It's quite do-able on the C400GT, just a little more of a challenge to keep yourself comfortable and manage your fuel stops. Plan a fun route and have a great time doing your ride! Don't forget to hydrate!!

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
BTW, I know it's just a spelling error, and please don't think I'm mocking you (hell, I'm a horrible speller and typing is, literally, my day job..) but I really want to do a Saddle Sour now.. maybe visit lemon groves, buy some atomic warhead candies, and finish with a whisky sour at a cocktail bar?? Who's in?!?

AregG

BTW, I know it's just a spelling error, and please don't think I'm mocking you (hell, I'm a horrible speller and typing is, literally, my day job..) but I really want to do a Saddle Sour now.. maybe visit lemon groves, buy some atomic warhead candies, and finish with a whisky sour at a cocktail bar?? Who's in?!?
LOL, see that was the whole idea, to get you on a sour version.

Last edited:

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Plan the route, come up with a fun description and requirements for documentation, ride it, submit and you have created a new ride, if only for yourself. If you ask nice, the IBA loves to have fun with the cert wording. :p

mohamed krema

Premier Member
IBA Member
I did it in Egypt in 2020 with a Chinese made scooter 150 Cc , and it was a fun and crazy experience , But the sad thing is it didn’t certificated until now because I’m a foreigner :(