Saturday 11th June RBLR1000

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
We have passed 50 entries. Please keep spreading the word to support the Poppy Appeal.

Last edited:

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Looking at the downloads, I was surprised; I'd expect either the Click Me First! doc or Detailed Instructions to have the DATE somewhere prominent near the top. Also, Detailed Instructions starts by saying there are three routes - and then lists five! I know the next para explains that, it just offends my inner pedant.

Regards,
Martin

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Looking at the downloads, I was surprised; I'd expect either the Click Me First! doc or Detailed Instructions to have the DATE somewhere prominent near the top. Also, Detailed Instructions starts by saying there are three routes - and then lists five! I know the next para explains that, it just offends my inner pedant. Regards, Martin
Sorry Martin, I've severely reprimanded myself. Maybe because the date is not mentioned lots of times is the reason why you're struggling to decide whether to sign up or not? ;) :D

Saturday 11th June 2016

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Sorry Martin, I've severely reprimanded myself. Maybe because the date is not mentioned lots of times is the reason why you're struggling to decide whether to sign up or not? ;) :D

Saturday 11th June 2016
Hi Mark,

There's likely to be a family holiday, some time towards the end of June or early July. I'm still waiting on the dates of that to be set before I decide what rides I'm doing - RBLR1000, Castle Bran, or LeJog.

Regards,
Martin

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
No worries mate, only a bit of banter :) I know it's often a juggle, and this is a fortnight after the BBR, so close I know.

Sneezy

IBAUK Bouncer
IBA Member
Right thats me signed up, and poor marion. Think she been on bike no more than 10 times, but she assures me she will be ok.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Good on yer Mark. Just don't be tempted to call in at home on your way back south :rolleyes:. Marion is now one of ten pillions taking part, all except two are going North. At least that's now ruled out the 125 option :eek: :D

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Your getting us thinking with not been able to do it that weekend may do route weekend before just to make sure No one has moved any of the roads lol

Sponsorhip isn't my thing I'm afraid. Try contacting Neil Rogers the RBLR Vice Chairman, as I'm sure he'll be in a better position to answer that question.

His email address is under the 'Help and Advice' thread.
Hi, Can you give him a nudge, i sent an email a while back and not had a response yet.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi, Can you give him a nudge, i sent an email a while back and not had a response yet.
Zeke

I also sent him an email asking the same question, having read your post. He's obviously a busy man......

I have the same issues as you. My family and friends are distributed far and wide. Although Just Giving take a percentage (usually the Gift aid more than covers this) I will obtain much more sponsorship if I can use Just Giving.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
I'm in :D
Staying Friday and Saturday nights at the Quality Hotel Leeds/Selby.
Nice and close to Squire's I don't want to get up any earlier than necessary on Saturday !!!:p:p:p
I have asked if they are giving any discount to riders entering the RBLR 1000 ?
A message has been sent to the marketing manager, if you don't ask you don't get !
I will keep you informed of his reply.
May be worth adding some pressure if you are looking for accommodation, their number is 01977 682 761:):):)

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Just received a phone call from the Hotel
They will give a 10% discount to riders booking over the RBLR weekend
They have at the moment about 40 rooms for Friday & 20 rooms for Saturday, :)
You will have to give a discount code that I will post on here as soon as I get it.

Copy of email that I have just received from the hotel.

"Hi Stephen
For anyone wanting to book if they quote smh10 this will give 10%^of their booking"

Kind regards,
Sarah

Reception
South Milford Hotel
Junction 42 A1(M)
South Milford
LS25 5LF
[email protected]
www.southmilfordhotel.com

Last edited:
Might sound like a daft question, I am an old Git after all, but is it possible to confirm my registration, I can't remember receiving a formal confirmation of this. I am an IBA member - number 51161. Many thanks