Saturday 11th June RBLR1000

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Might sound like a daft question, I am an old Git after all, but is it possible to confirm my registration, I can't remember receiving a formal confirmation of this. I am an IBA member - number 51161. Many thanks
Stevey. Email me [email protected] with your full name and rough date you entered. You should have seen an automatic email acceptance and seen the crew go out of PayPal. If there is a problem our end I email riders individually.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Stevey. Email me [email protected] with your full name and rough date you entered. You should have seen an automatic email acceptance and seen the crew go out of PayPal. If there is a problem our end I email riders individually.
I've also just checked Stevey as I get copied in on the entry forms. Going by your IBA number you were entry form number #39 which came through to me on 11th March :)

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Stephen King yes entry #39 all paid up etc. You would have got an email the day you entered. Check your junk file

Ok hotel booked for 1 night only, premier pontefract north, 35 quid, not bad at all. Have scrounged my mates tomtom rider 400 for the run, but will have route map just in case it goes tits up, thinking north anticlockwise. just need to organise plenty of sponsors now.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ok hotel booked for 1 night only, premier pontefract north, 35 quid, not bad at all. Have scrounged my mates tomtom rider 400 for the run, but will have route map just in case it goes tits up, thinking north anticlockwise. just need to organise plenty of sponsors now.
I've used that one before - it's a nice smaller one. There's also a petrol station just off the A162 as you head back there from Squires after the briefing, so handy for topping the bike up before you get your head down for the night. See you in June :D

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The question may seem daft but not to you. By all means ask away we are happy to help and advise. I'm 66 too so know the feeling :)

What time does the briefing take place normally and what does it involve.

I ask because the friday of the briefing is the day we get back from holiday, so it's get home load the bike and ride up to the hotel and briefing before getting some kip.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
What time does the briefing take place normally and what does it involve. I ask because the Friday of the briefing is the day we get back from holiday, so it's get home load the bike and ride up to the hotel and briefing before getting some kip.
It used to be around 20.00 which is why we asked if riders could arrive by 19.30. The briefing only takes 10 minutes or so and usually covers any last minute notifications about roadworks, known diversions, weather updates, a reminder about receipt locations etc and is also a chance for riders to ask any last minute questions. As a contingency I was thinking of producing a print-out covering these points for riders who can't make it in time, so we could hand them out if they roll up later or even at the start in the morning.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'll send out an email to all riders in the next couple of weeks to cover these sorts of points.

The briefing will be at 8pm as you will want to get an early night ;-)

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Zeke

This is the question I posed and the reply. I think you'll have to make your own decision....

Neil ('Taff 'RBLR)

Just giving have a link to the British Legion. Is this the link I need to use when setting up my account?

I assume the money would then go directly to the RBL.

If this is OK to do then....

The link has further options to link to organised events. It is possible to add an event to the list.

Would it be OK to add the RBLR 1000?

Thanks for your time, patience and assistance.

REPLY WAS

Hi Gordon,

This is the response that I have recieved from the treasurer, I hope that this helps in making a decision.

The only problem is that just giving take, I think it is 5% for what is raised. Also we do not get the money they send it off to head office and I don't think we get told how much etc,

They do a crowd page on just giving which you can link it up to our bank account then we will know how much it made, if we went down this road then all the people can go into one pot but it wouldn't be gift aided or tell you how much individual people raised.

Cheers, Neil

I will probably go down the RBL link route and email Taff with the amount raised.

Gordon

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
It used to be around 20.00 which is why we asked if riders could arrive by 19.30. The briefing only takes 10 minutes or so and usually covers any last minute notifications about roadworks, known diversions, weather updates, a reminder about receipt locations etc and is also a chance for riders to ask any last minute questions. As a contingency I was thinking of producing a print-out covering these points for riders who can't make it in time, so we could hand them out if they roll up later or even at the start in the morning.
Why not give a print out when riders book in it will save having a briefing.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
The printout's a good idea but the briefing should still be held; it gets everyone together, reinforcing their common purpose, and provides an opportunity for last minute clarifications.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It helps to get the safety message across and also introduces the team so that riders know who to go to if they have a problem.

If anyone genuinely cant make the briefing just shout and we can make other arrangements

Sneezy

IBAUK Bouncer
IBA Member
Is iba merchandise available at the finish, as im going to treat marion to a iba badge when she finishes, but not sure i can get there on the friday, or the sunday?

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Can't do the ride but I'm coming down Friday to help out if I'm needed.
Hi Foster, Yes I'm sure you can help out. It would be handy if you're on your bike with your auxiliary tank to help form a bit of an IBA stand with a few bikes :)

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Is iba merchandise available at the finish, as im going to treat marion to a iba badge when she finishes, but not sure i can get there on the friday, or the sunday?
Hi Mark, yes I believe Dave is bringing the shop stuff to offer to newly qualified members on Sunday morning. :)