Scooter 1000 Insanity GOLD

tj189

Premier Member
What a hoot on the scoot :D Took the scooter down to northern side of Sydney recently and back to Brissy. Whilst I have done a scooter1600k previously, on a Burgman 650, this was so different. Two gallons of extra fuel on board to minimize refueling at the servo were very much needed. I had done a test ride out to Dalby for breakfast a few weeks ago and was able to get 370Km out of the tank, however on the ride down south I was lucky to get 315km. Once again that extra twist on the throttle was the major use of the extra fuel burn.

The Scooter has an electronic screen, which is nice, but it barely reached my lower chest fully extended, not so nice. Lights, hmmmm, whilst they are LED's they definitely do not have the distance we normally require. I had placed a couple of little Clearwater Darla's on as well to provide a bit more, however, in the rain with the big 4WD coming up behind and other vehicles with their led's it made the road disappear. Simple solution, was to slow down, let them pass, then follow them, problem solved.

Cruise control, oh my, what I would have given for cruise control, the soreness around the thumb grip stayed with me for a few days following the ride.

Will I do another one....yep, but will change the Darla's over to a set of Denali D3 obtain larger screen and yes some form of cruise control which is in the mail.

Used the Premier Insta-Cert system for verification and found it to be excellent.

scooter 1000 Insanity GOLD apr 2022.jpg

Ed.

Premier Member
Nice one, TJ. I think we take a lot of how we have our bikes set up a little for granted, nothing like having that slapped in your face to make you appreciate it! Not really my thing.... although I should probably never say never.

tj189

Premier Member
Nice one, TJ. I think we take a lot of how we have our bikes set up a little for granted, nothing like having that slapped in your face to make you appreciate it! Not really my thing.... although I should probably never say never.
:) we sure do.

danklyrides

Premier Member
Congrats TJ, nicely done!

I did 1,038 miles on my PCX 150 last year and got the Scooter 1000 Gold certificate. I'm planning to do the Insanity level ride this summer but it looks like I have to do 1,500 miles in 36 hrs to earn that here in the US.

tj189

Premier Member

I did 1,038 miles on my PCX 150 last year and got the Scooter 1000 Gold certificate. I'm planning to do the Insanity level ride this summer but it looks like I have to do 1,500 miles in 36 hrs to earn that here in the US.
Started a conversation with you.
Cheers

Vlad

Premier Member
Congratulations TJ well done.

Has the “Not Right Rider” monica gone the way of the dinosaur?
I was always rather partial to that one and to the rides you had to do to get it.

tj189

Premier Member
Congratulations TJ well done.

Has the “Not Right Rider” monica gone the way of the dinosaur?
I was always rather partial to that one and to the rides you had to do to get it.
Actually, it is still around, Skidoo, received a cert the other day for another one of his intrepid rides.

The Insanity ride is 1500 miles in 36 hrs Worldwide. Even though insanity is mentioned on the gold cert, the artwork on the Insanity cert is more insane!
Insanity.gif

tj189

Premier Member
The Insanity ride is 1500 miles in 36 hrs Worldwide. Even though insanity is mentioned on the gold cert, the artwork on the Insanity cert is more insane!
Ross,
There is a bit of history regarding the International Scooter rides dating back to May 2014 that you may not be aware of. The Scooter Series web page may have been written without knowledge of this information.

There are two versions of the Scooter 1000 certifications. The Scooter 1000 Insanity for anyone riding in and doing 1,000 miles in 24 hours on any size scooter (step-through motorcycle), and the Scooter 1000 Insanity GOLD for those doing the same ride on a scooter 300cc or smaller.

There is a request for clarification for the <300cc Scooter rides with Howard at the moment.

Ross,
There is a bit of history regarding the International Scooter rides dating back to May 2014 that you may not be aware of. The Scooter Series web page may have been written without knowledge of this information.

There are two versions of the Scooter 1000 certifications. The Scooter 1000 Insanity for anyone riding in and doing 1,000 miles in 24 hours on any size scooter (step-through motorcycle), and the Scooter 1000 Insanity GOLD for those doing the same ride on a scooter 300cc or smaller.

There is a request for clarification for the <300cc Scooter rides with Howard at the moment.
Hi @tj189,

qq: If I decide to ride, let's say, the Commonwealth Star SS1600K on a scooter under 300cc, would it automatically classify as a Gold status ride, or I'd have to do Commonwealth Star SS2000K and nest the Scooter 1000 Insanity Gold to score the gold?

tj189

Premier Member
Hi @tj189,

qq: If I decide to ride, let's say, the Commonwealth Star SS1600K on a scooter under 300cc, would it automatically classify as a Gold status ride, or I'd have to do Commonwealth Star SS2000K and nest the Scooter 1000 Insanity Gold to score the gold?
first part of the question - it is one or the other.
The nested ride would not count for the MileEater award if that was what you were thinking. Should you wish to do a Scooter ride outside of those listed on the Scooter Series ride, you will need to contact Mike Kneebone.

first part of the question - it is one or the other.
The nested ride would not count for the MileEater award if that was what you were thinking. Should you wish to do a Scooter ride outside of those listed on the Scooter Series ride, you will need to contact Mike Kneebone.
Fair enough, many thanks for your response, TJ!
btw: I did my Scooter 1000 Insanity Gold last year (on the PCX150) and now am planning for the Scooter 1500 Insanity on my Xmax 300 (292cc). She is a great ride, easily achieving highway speeds. I have also connected my Zarkies and tested them today :) so I am pretty much ready for a winter scoot.