Scooter clarification

In the big ride list a Scooter 1500 Insanity is described as - 1,500 miles in less than 24 hours on a scooter smaller than 300 cc. In the documentation a Scooter Insanity is described as - Ride a Bun Burner 1500 on a scooter smaller than 300 cc.
Is the 24hr limit a typo on the list or is the time limit missing from the documentation definition?

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
It is not a typo. The time limit is missing from the documentation page but is correct on the Big List ride listings.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I checked further with the staff. As it turns out, there was a typo and I was wrong - the time limit for both of the Scooter 1500 rides is 36 hours, with the Insanity version further requiring the ride to be completed on a scooter smaller than 300cc. The listing has now been fixed.

I apologize for the error.

Ira

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Awesome!
A BB-I is very achievable on a 150cc scoot!
But there isn't a lot of slack time!! With the average I had on my Scooter SS1K of 45.5 mph, a BB1500 would be a 33 hour ride. Not much napping time. :eek: Pick a flat route! :p

AwDang

But there isn't a lot of slack time!! With the average I had on my Scooter SS1K of 45.5 mph, a BB1500 would be a 33 hour ride. Not much napping time. :eek: Pick a flat route! :p
Yup, but that’s still 3hrs under limit and plenty of time for breakfast at Starbucks!