Seeking Clarification

Hello IBA

First of all I beg apologize for seeking clarification while the whole world is affected by COVID-19. Hope the world will come back very soon from this disaster.

I am Siddik from Bangladesh a passionate biker knocking here for a clarification regarding the speed limits for SS/BB challenges. From the website of IBA I came to know for getting certificate against a claim of SS/BB, that particular rider have to follow the speed limits of his/her county. In our country ( Bangladesh) we don't have any straight line covering 1000/1500 miles ( Up down). So in that case we have options of circle ride. And in that circle we have different speed limits, for example- somewhere is 40 KPH ( kilometres per hour) and somewhere it is 80 KPH. But for getting the certificate from IBA on SS one of the conditions is that, have to complete the ride of 1000 miles or 1610 KM Less than 24 Hours.

Now my asking is if I do OVERSPENDING for CERTAIN DURATION for completing the SS ride within the time limit ( less than 24 Hours), WILL I BE ELIGIBLE for the certificate. Please note that the average speed during the whole ride will not cross the national limit ( 80 KPH) of my country rather in certain duration it will cross the limit.

I will be honoured if I do get a clear clarification about my asking. Waiting for your kind response.

#Stay_Home
#Stay_Safe

Amnon Romano

Premier Member
Hi Siddik and welcome,
The intention is to keep ourselves safe and compliant with the regulations. So, in this regards, at any given time you shouldn't violate posted speed limit at the location you're at.
If you can ride - you're lucky! Here, in Israel, we're not allowed more than 100 meters from our doorstep...

Hi Siddik and welcome,
The intention is to keep ourselves safe and compliant with the regulations. So, in this regards, at any given time you shouldn't violate posted speed limit at the location you're at.
If you can ride - you're lucky! Here, in Israel, we're not allowed more than 100 meters from our doorstep...
Thanks for your kind response

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
If your average speed on the entirety of your route - including time necessary for fuel stops, etc. - has your average speed below ~67 kph, then your chosen route is insufficient.

For example, 900+ km of 80 kph & 110 km of 40 kph roads may or may not be a problem to be able to maintain that 67kph (or higher...) overall average speed.

I did a brief explanation about this elsewhere on this forum: https://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/speed-vs-distance-examples.3468/

Premier Member?? How do I become a Premier member? Can somebody give me a link? I can't seem to locate a link on the website to become a premier member. Help! Please IBA: TAKE MY MONEY!! LOL

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Md. Abu Bokkor Siddik - Welcome to the forum. Think of it this way, if your prolonged speeds clearly show that you maintained a far in excess illegal speed for your route, you likely will not have a certificate issued. Just speeding to pass vehicles would not usually be a problem. Running 5-10 km over the posted limit usually would not be a problem, because stops would lower your over all average speed for the route. But averaging 120 kph over the full route when the National limit is 80 kph would most likely get your ride disqualified. It would indicate that you must have far exceeded 120 kph at times in order to average that over the duration of your ride.

The IBA promotes SAFE long distance riding. Speed has its place, but it is not the tool by itself to reach the goal. I have been in India, but not Bangladesh. I understand that the speed of traffic often exceeds the national limits in normal travel. That is the same the world over. Since it difficult to succeed in a SS1K at 80 kph max, I suspect it is understood that you may speed a bit at times, but not excessively. Stay with the flow of traffic when that is the safe thing to do. If your speed happens to exceed the national limit in order for you to be safe, you will be ok.

I hope that helps.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Gday Siddik.
Your post has started me looking into a route around and about in Bangladesh just because Im curious about the place.
Cheers Gatey